Arkansas Online Gambling Sites (2023 Update)
- There are several legal options for online gambling in Arkansas, including online sports betting, daily fantasy sports, and pari-mutuel wagering.
- Online casinos are not regulated in Arakansas, but they’re also not outrightly prohibited. This puts them in an unregulated gray zone: There aren’t any state-run options, but many incredible offshore sites accept Arkansians.
- Some overseas casinos are rouge sites looking to scam you. Stick to the operators recommended here to stay safe online. Each recommended site is licensed overseas, has secure payment methods, and offers provably fair games.
- Offshore casinos have hundreds of exciting slots, table games, and video poker titles to play for real money. They’ve also got huge bonuses worth thousands of dollars that you can win.
- It’s unlikely that Arkansas lawmakers will legalize online casinos soon. No bills are currently in motion, and online sports betting is still only just starting up.
Top Arkansas Online Casinos Review 2023
1. Café Casino
Café Casino is one of the best gambling sites for players from Arkansas, having served the market since 2016. It’s owned and operated by Lynton Limited, part of the renowned Bodog Group. The company has a Curacao gaming license and is one of the most trusted operators in the United States.
There are 230 games at Café Casino, including slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette, and bingo. Some of the games have been developed in-house, giving you access to exclusive games unavailable elsewhere. Others are from big software companies like RTG and Rival. All can be played for real money, and the random number generator (RNG) ensures you have a real chance of winning.
The payment options at Café Casino are equally as varied; you can deposit using numerous credit cards, such as Visa or Mastercard, or cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum. Deposits start at $5 with Tether, making it a great option for casual players. All the cryptocurrencies and bank transfers can be used for withdrawals, and your winnings are processed quickly as compared to competitors.
If this sounds good, register for a new account to claim up to $1,500 in bonus credits. Café Casino gives a 250% match on your first deposit, meaning you only need to deposit $600 to claim the full bonus amount. Deposit with Bitcoin, and you can get 350% up to $2,500 instead.
Established in 1994, BetUS is the oldest operator on our list. For a casino to survive over three decades in a highly competitive market speaks for itself: BetUS knows precisely what players want. Its platform has 480 games from leading providers (BetSoft, DGS, Nucleus, etc.) and an extensive sportsbook on one shared platform.
Its years of experience also show that BetUS is a gambling site you can trust. It has decades of positive reviews and has constantly been improving its offerings. It’s clear that BetUS truly cares about its customers. It even has a gaming license from the Government of Curacao to show it’s safe, fair, and legitimate.
All new BetUS players can claim a 150% welcome bonus of up to $3,000 to spend on casino games. The minimum deposit for the offer is $50, giving you a $150 bonus. All their payment methods qualify for the offer, which includes Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, wire transfer, or various cryptocurrencies.
However, if depositing with crypto, we suggest you claim their crypto-exclusive welcome bonus, which gives you a 250% match up to $5,000. Your crypto payment options are Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litercoin, or Ethereum. Alternatively, if you prefer sports betting, you can redeem one of their sportsbook welcome offers or casino and sportsbook combo promotions.
3. Wild Casino
Wild Casino is the biggest online casino we recommend; its perfect if you’re craving variety. There are 550+ games in total from Betsoft and Nucleus. Around 60% are slots, available in every theme and layout imaginable. The remaining titles are games of video poker, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, craps, keno, scratch cards, live casino games, and more.
The payment methods at Wild Casino are as varied as its game portfolio. You can fund your account with as little as $20 using all popular credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover), wire transfers, money orders, cashier checks, or any of the 18 available cryptocurrencies. All their cryptocurrencies are also available for payouts.
If you sign up at Wild Casino, you’re eligible for a massive welcome bonus worth $5,000. This is split as 5x $1,000 bonuses across your first five deposits. If you fund your account with crypto, this increases to a massive $9,000: Get 300% up to $3,000 on your first deposit, followed by 150% up to $1,500 on your next four.
We know this all sounds too good to be true, but Wild Casino is 100% legitimate. The online casino launched in 2017 and is owned by the same individuals that own BetOnline. It’s also licensed by the Pamama Gaming Commission, promising fair gaming and secure payment methods.
How to Sign Up with the Best Arkansas Online Casino
1. Go to Website and Create an Online Gambling Account
Go to the Café Casino website by clicking any promotional links on this page. Click the purple “Join” button and enter all the required details on the registration form. Agree to the terms and conditions, then click “Confirm” to create your online casino account.
2. Deposit Funds and Enter Promo Code
You can fund your casino account through the cashier screen. Choose your preferred payment method, enter your deposit amount, and follow the on-screen instructions. Before clicking “Confirm,” select the 250% welcome bonus from the available drop-down options, so it’s applied to your deposit.
3. Choose Game and Play for Real Money
Your deposit and bonus are credited to your account instantly. You can now use this to play any of the Café Casino games for real money. Browse their selection of slots and table games, choose one you like, and place your bets. Any winnings will be reflected in your account balance and can be withdrawn as real cash.
Arkansas Online Gambling Laws – Is it Legal?
Arkansas has historically been a conservative state and had a strong stance against most forms of gambling. This changed in recent years, with lawmakers legalizing daily fantasy sports, online racebooks, and sports betting sites. However, online casinos and poker rooms are not permitted.
Here is a closer look at the current legal options for anyone wanting to bet real money online in Arkansas:
- There are no legal online casinos in Arkansas, and the state does not have a regulated casino industry. However, there is some good news:
- Online casino games arenot outrightly prohibited; they fall into an unregulated “gray area.” This means you can play at offshore casinos regulated by foreign governments without being prosecuted.
- Arkansas legalized land-based casinos in 2018 for anyone age 21 or older, and three commercial casinos now offer slots and table games.
- Online social casinos like Chumba and Luckyland Slots are legal in Arkansas. These sites operate on a sweepstakes model and uses virtual currencies, but you can still win real cash prizes.
- Daily fantasy sports sites are entirely legal in Arkansas.
- Bill H 2250 – a bill that legalized paid DFS contests – was signed into law in 2017.
- At the time, DFS fell into a legal “gray area” in most states, meaning Arkansas was one of the first to explicitly permit sites like DraftKings and FanDuel.
- Horse racing has been legal in Arkansas since the 1900s. In 2013, lawmakers also legalized online horse betting on mobiles and computers.
- Like other US states, you can use well-known online racebooks like TwinSpires.
- Arkansas is one of the few states that allow Arkansas racetracks to launch their own online betting sites, such as Oaklawn Park’s online racebook.
- Online and in-person sports betting are legal in Arkansas:
- Arkansas passed a constitutional amendment in 2018 to legalize in-person sports betting, and the first wagers were taken in 2019.
- Online sports betting was legalized in 2021 and launched on March 7, 2022.
Is Gambling at Offshore Casino Sites Safe?
Unfortunately, offshore casinos are not always safe. Because they operate outside US legislation, there is no guarantee of fair games and secure payments. However, these are your only current options without a regulated Arkansas casino industry.
You can find legitimate gambling sites, but only if you know what to look for. Thankfully, our experts do. We thoroughly inspect all operators as part of our review process and only recommend those operators that are fair, trustworthy, and safe. Below are some of the safety factors we consider:
- We check that the operator holds a gaming license from a foreign authority, such as governments in Panama, Curacao, and Malta.
- We ensure the casino uses an RNG for its games and has it regularly audited, guaranteeing random game outcomes that provide a real chance of winning.
- We assess the security of the available payment methods and only promote casinos that offer safe and timely withdrawals.
When Will Arkansas Legalize Online Gambling?
Arkansas has already legalized many forms of online gambling in recent years. There were no legal options for online betting before 2013, but fast-forwarding to today, you can legally enter DFS contests, place sports wagers online, and bet at online racebooks.
However, it is unlikely that Arkansas will launch a regulated online casino industry soon. There aren’t any legislative proposals currently under discussion to move the industry in this direction. Moreover, online casino gambling wasn’t on the table when lawmakers discussed the legislative changes regarding online sports wagering.
Arkansas Online Gambling Legislation Timeline
Although online casino gaming isn’t legal in Arkansas, the industry has steadily been moving forward. Here is a summary of Arkansas gambling history to date:
- 1905: Opening of the first Arkansas racetrack, Oaklawn. The venue closed its doors only two years later after a bill passed in 1907 made horse racing illegal state-wide.
- 1935: After several attempts to re-legalize horse race betting over a 20-year period, Gov. Futrell finally signed a bill that legalized pari-mutuel wagering on horse races in Hot Springs.
- 1956: Each county was permitted to vote on whether they want to legalize horse and greyhound racing venues and pari-mutuel betting. Southland Greyhound Park opened its doors.
- 2005: People in counties where racetracks were located could vote on whether these venues could offer “electronic games of skill.” Racetracks started offering video poker games.
- 2009: Arkansas legalized the lottery and sold multi-draw tickets and scratch card games. An Arkansas lottery called the Natural State Jackpots launched in 2012.
- 2017: Gov. Hutchinson signed bill H 2250 into law to legalize daily fantasy sports. Operators such as DraftKings and FanDuel started offering DFS to Arkansas residents.
- 2018: Four gambling venues in Arkansas were legally permitted to offer in-person sportsbooks and full casino operations, including table games. The first sports wagers were taken in 2019.
- 2021: Lawmakers passed new legislation that allowed up to eight online sportsbooks to launch in Arkansas. Betly was the first sportsbook to officially go live in April 2022.
Arkansas Tribal Partnerships
Arkansas has a tribal gaming compact with the Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma. The compact permits the tribe to offer Class III gaming on ancestral land, which includes table games and Vegas-style slots.
Currently, the tribe has one gaming facility in Arkansas: The Saracen Casino Resort. The tribe launched a semi-permanent venue in October 2019 after receiving licensing from Arkansas authorities. The permanent facilities opened a year later, in October 2020.
Arkansas Licensed Gambling Sites
Your only state-licensed options for only gambling are sportsbooks:
- Betly Sportsbook – March 2022
- BetSaracen Sportsbook – May 2022
- Oaklawn Sports – September 2022
Unfortunately, none of the big names – like DraftKings or FanDuel – have made their way to the state. Arkansas gambling laws controversially cap the sports betting revenue for third-party operators at 50%; consequently, major sportsbooks are reluctant to enter the market.
Arkansas Online Casino Promotions
Although Arkansas has no state-regulated online casinos, there are plenty of bonuses at offshore gambling sites worth thousands that you can take advantage of.
Deposit Match Bonuses
As the name suggests, deposit match offers are where the operator matches a percentage of your deposit with bonus credits. A 100% match means you’ll receive a bonus of equal value to your deposit. Bigger percentage matches mean you can easily double or triple your money.
A great example is Wild Casino’s 250% welcome bonus. If you pay $100 into your account, you’ll receive a $250 bonus, which takes your bankroll to $350. The bonus is capped at $1,000. With such a high percentage match, you only need to deposit $400 to claim the maximum promotional prize.
Cryptocurrency bonuses are deposit match offers exclusively offered to players funding their accounts with crypto. These promotions are always worth more than standard offers for FIAT currency and are one of the many reasons why cryptocurrencies are an excellent choice when gambling online.
Let’s look at Wild Casino again for the sake of comparison. If you make your initial deposit with crypto, you get a 300% match bonus of up to $3,000. Not only is the maximum amount triple their standard offer, but you’re given an extra 50% match on your deposit.
No-deposit bonuses are the only genuinely free promotion because you don’t need to fund your account to qualify. You can claim the offer, spend your bonus, and never spend a cent in the casino. They’re a fantastic way to try games before investing real money, but unfortunately, they’re also uncommon.
We’ve managed to hunt down a rare no-deposit bonus at Red Dog Casino. You can either get $40 to spend on slots or $25 for all casino games. Few people know about this bonus because you have to request it via live chat, so take advantage of this insider intel.
Reload bonuses are promotions existing players can claim after leveraging the available welcome offers. Most are deposit match bonuses, but some operators will hand out free bets, free spins, or a combination of the two. Time your deposits around these promotions, and you can maintain the health of your bankroll.
BetUS is the best site for reload offers, with several promotions available throughout the week, for example:
- Claim a 250% bonus of up to $2,500 for slots every Tuesday.
- Get a 10% boost on cryptocurrency deposits every Thursday.
- Receive a 150% slots bonus up to $1,500 + 20 free spins every Saturday.
VIP programs are bonus schemes that reward loyal players. All casino loyalty programs have their own rules, but you usually accrue loyalty points with every real-money wager placed. These points help you climb the reward levels, unlocking increasingly lucrative perks along the way.
The VIP program at Ignition is one of the best. You earn Ignition Miles as you wager, which can be exchanged for bonuses and cash prizes. The higher your VIP status, the more quickly you earn miles, and the best part is the miles you earn never expire. This means you don’t have to be a big spender to climb to the highest VIP tier.
Mobile Gambling Apps in Arkansas
Almost all online gambling in the United States happens from mobile devices. If you want to wager anytime and from anywhere, here are your options.
Android Mobile Gambling
If you’re into sports betting, you might be familiar with Arkansas’ current sportsbook apps. These can all be downloaded directly from Google Play and require Android 6.0 or higher.
For casino gambling, you won’t find anything but sweepstakes sites at the Play Store. Online casinos aren’t regulated and cannot be listed on Google Play. Your two options for playing casino games from Android devices are as follows:
- Downloading from the Operator: Some offshore casinos have dedicated apps you can download directly from their site. If doing this, be cautious only to use legitimate casinos to avoid installing malicious software.
- Web-Based Android Apps: A better alternative is to play from the casino website using the Samsung Internet or Google Chrome browser. All our top-rated Arkansas casinos are built on HTML 5 technology. This means they’re responsive and instantly adapt to mobile devices and Android tablets for seamless gaming on the go.
iOS Mobile Gambling
The situation is almost identical for iPhone users. State-licensed sportsbook apps can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS 10.0 or later), but there aren’t any regulated casino apps. Offshore casinos can instead be installed from the operator’s website or played through your Safari mobile browser.
Once again, we suggest playing through your browser rather than downloading games onto your iPhone. Playing via Safari gives you instant access, and you don’t need to worry about storage space on your iPhone or iPad. All our recommended casinos are compatible with all modern Apple devices and provide the same desktop site functionality.
Advantages of Offshore Gambling Sites
Offshore gambling sites are known for their highly lucrative promotions. Take the crypto-exclusive welcome bonus at Wild Casino, worth up to $9,000. This far surpasses the size of the rewards at Arkansas’ state-run sportsbooks. If regulated casinos came to the state, offshore bonuses would overshadow these, too.
You can play hundreds of exciting casino games at offshore gambling sites, including slots, roulette, blackjack, and video poker from some of these incredible developers:
- Authentic Gaming
- Bovada gaming
- 3 Oaks Gaming
- Amatic Industries
- Revolver Gaming
- Concept Gaming
- Woohoo games
- Dragon Gaming
Cryptocurrencies cannot be used at state-run gambling sites because they’re not permitted under US law. Offshore casinos operate outside of US regulations, so can legally offer crypto deposits and withdrawals. Using cryptocurrency for online gambling has many advantages, including:
- Access to exclusive cryptocurrency bonuses.
- Provably fair casino games that work on the blockchain.
- Fast withdrawals that are processed within 24 hours.
- Enhanced online safety (crypto payments are pseudo-anonymous).
- Secure transactions processed through the blockchain.
When playing at Arkansas gambling sites, all winnings must be reported to the US Government and are taxed accordingly. However, offshore sites operate outside these regulations. As such, you’re not required to report any winnings or share details of your gambling habits with anyone.
What Games Can I Play at Arkansas Online Casinos?
All the games you can play at land-based casinos in Arkansas are available at online casinos, and then some. Here is a look at the major gaming categories available online:
Online slots feature in the hundreds at all our top-rated casinos. These games come in all shapes and sizes – from classic three-reel games to bonus-packed video slots with cascading reels and wild symbols. Bet limits also range from $0.01 to $5+ per payline, so there is something to fit every gambler’s budget.
If you want to play online slots, Wild Casino has the widest variety. It currently has 363 slots from Betsoft and Nucleus and frequently updates its games portfolio. Wild Casino also has several live slots for a more immersive experience as well as progressive jackpots if you’re looking for a massive win. Some of our favorite titles include:
- 88 Frenzy Fortune
- Reels of Fortune
- Dragon Blast
- Junkyard Super Reels
Once you’ve spun the reels a few times, you can enter slot tournaments for even more excitement. Wild Casino hosts slot tournaments every week with a guaranteed $5,000 prize pool. Whoever ends in first place takes home $1,000 in cash!
Video poker is found at all our Arkansas online casinos, with BetUS having the most variety. Its 24 video poker games include several versions of the infamous Jacks or Better, along with all these other exciting titles:
- Aces and Eights
- Deuces Wild
- Double Double Bonus
- Aces and Faces
- Joker Poker
- Tens or Better
Online blackjack is another all-time favorite as online casinos. You can play this popular card game at all of our recommended casinos, but BetUS has an impressive 32 unique versions. Many of these aren’t even available at land-based casinos, including Blackjack Switch and Multi-Hand Blackjack.
Blackjack tournaments are also available at Café Casino and Wild Casino. Prize pools reach up to $20,000 in cash and are free to enter.
There is only one roulette game at Red Dog (European Rouletteby RTG), but all our other highlighted sites stock at least six versions of this classic casino game. BetUS and Ignition have five titles, Café Casino has four, and Wild Casino has an impressive 11 roulette games. This includes:
- American Roulette
- European Roulette Deluxe
- American Double Ball Roulette
- Platinum Chip Roulette
- Roulette II
“Table games” refer to electronic versions of all the games played with a dealer in a land-based casino, other than blackjack and roulette. Examples include craps, baccarat, three-card rummy, and casino war. These are rarer to find at online casinos, and the selection varies between sites.
Online poker falls into this game category, with many sites offering Caribbean Stud Poker or Triple Edge Poker. But the best place to play online poker is a dedicated poker room like Ignition. Their poker room is on the same platform as their online casino, and their $3,000 welcome bonus is split 50/50 between the two.
Aside from Red Dog, all our top-rated sites offer incredible live casinos and are accessible from mobile. Our favorite titles include Live European Roulette, Blackjack HD, and Early Payout.There are also live slots and money-wheel games if you prefer this style of gameplay.
If you’ve not played at a live casino before, footage of professional croupiers is streamed to your device as you play along in real time. These games provide a truly immersive experience; it’s almost as if you’re at one of Arkansas’ land-based casino properties.
Bingo can be found under the “specialty” games category. These games are less popular than your casino classics and aren’t commonplace in casinos. Out of the five recommended Arkansas online casinos, they can only be found at Ignition and Café Casino. Nevertheless, these games are great fun when available.
Here is a complete list of bingo titles at our top-rated Café Casino:
- Amazonia Bingo
- Bingo Cataratas
- Bingo Goal
- Bingo Ribeirinhos
- Go-Go Bingo
- Pasca Bingo
- Tribo Bingo
New Online Casino Sites in Arkansas
New offshore casinos pop up every month. However, these sites often don’t have enough experience for us to be sure that they’re trustworthy and reliable. As such, the only time we recommend recently launched casinos is if they’re a brand of an already established provider.
If you want to play at a newer casino site, these are your best options:
- Red Dog Casino – 2019
- Super Slots – 2020
- Rich Palms – 2020
- Las Atlantis Casino – 2020
- El Royal – 2020
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Arkansas Betting Site
Hundreds of offshore casinos accept gamblers from Arkansas and choosing the best site can be overwhelming. Here are seven things to consider when comparing operators.
Always read reviews from industry experts and real-world players to gauge whether the casino is reliable. If players are raving about their fast payout and big wins, great! But if there are unanswered negative comments or anything that sounds suspicious, give the casino a miss.
Whether playing at a state-regulated sportsbook or offshore online casino, always check that the operator holds a valid gaming license. Common foreign regulators include Curacao, Panama, and Malta. Look for their licensing badges on the foot of the casino site or use one of our picks if unsure.
Bonuses have a dramatic impact on your bankroll. They increase your winning potential and give you more screen time before your money runs out. Always compare bonuses and look for those with the biggest prizes, lowest wagering requirements, and fewest game restrictions.
The best Arkansas betting sites function as well on your smartphone as they do on a computer. We recommend accessing the site on any devices that you might play from before registering. Choose the one that offers the most user-friendly experience and full functionality on smartphones and tablets.
Review the games library and check what titles you can play. We recommend casinos offering a variety of slots, table games, and specialty titles. The more variety, the less likely you’ll grow bored. Always check the list of developers as well, so you know you’re promised high-quality games.
All online casino games impose a minimum and maximum bet limit, restricting how much money you can spend on a single wager. Variety is best to ensure there’s always a game that fits your budget. If you’re a big spender, look specifically for high-limit tables, as these aren’t available everywhere.
Look at the available banking options and ensure secure payment methods are available. Most offshore casinos offer crypto and credit card payments, but some support vouchers and bank transfers. Always compare the fees, transaction times, and payment limits too.
Arkansas State Revenues from Gambling
Without a regulated online casino industry, all the gambling revenue Arkansas draws in is from its brick-and-mortar casinos and online sports wagering. Both have been legal since 2018, but the change in regulations that allowed mobile sportsbooks to launch in 2022 was a turning point.
For FY 2021, total casino gaming and sports betting revenue came to $69 million. For FY 2022, this increased to $83 million (a 20% increase year-on-year). Operators are taxed at 13% on all annual revenue under $150 million, meaning the state collected over $10 million in tax revenue for casino and sports wagering in 2022.
Arkansas Lawmakers Involved in Gambling Legislation
- Rep. Jimmy Gazaway – Main sponsor of H 2250 that legalized DFS in 2017.
- Sen. Will Bond – Keen supporter of online gambling. Proposed several bills, including SB 669 in 2019. This bill was never passed but would have legalized online sportsbooks.
- Rep. Lee Johnson – Introduced HB 1942 to allow online sports betting in 2021. This bill was eventually passed after the Racing Commission voted to increase revenue for casinos to 51% of sports betting profits.
Charitable Gambling in Arkansas
Charitable gambling is legal in Arkansas and has been since 2007. Both bingo and raffles are permitted under current legislation, but casino gambling and poker rooms are not allowed. Other restrictions on charitable gambling include:
- Raffle prizes cannot exceed $5,000 in cash.
- The total wholesale value of all raffle prizes cannot exceed $50,000 per calendar year.
- The total wholesale value of all raffle prizes donated to a non-profit cannot exceed $100,000 per calendar year.
Arkansas Gambling Taxes
Before 2019, Arkansas gamblers used to pay a flat 3% tax rate on gambling. As casinos and sports wagering have become legal, gambling winnings are now fully taxable and must be reported on your tax return. The tax rate depends on your overall income.
Interestingly, you can claim your gambling losses as a miscellaneous deduction when writing your tax return. However, you cannot deduct more than the winnings you report.
Banking Methods of Arkansas Online Gambling Sites
Every online casino has slightly different payment methods, but the main categories found across our sites include the following:
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
All our top-rated casinos support popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, and Litecoin. Tether deposits typically start from $5, making it a great choice for casual gamers. If you want to use a niche cryptocurrency, Wild Casino supports Solana, Shiba Inu, Polygon, and several other lesser-known altcoins.
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are our preferred way to deposit and withdraw:
- Withdrawals are quicker than FIAT currency payouts.
- Transactions are processed on the blockchain and are highly secure.
- Crypto-exclusive bonuses on deposits can be claimed.
Credit and Debit Cards
Mastercard, Visa, and AMEX are available at all our casino sites, while Wild Casino and Red Dog also support Discover. Paying with bank cards is convenient, and you’re protected by your bank’s security system. However, there are several drawbacks:
- Some US banks block charges to gambling sites.
- Deposit limits are higher, starting at $20 – $25.
- Fees apply to most credit card transactions.
A handful of casinos let you deposit via bank transfer, but most often, this method is reserved for withdrawals. You can withdraw up to $25,000 in one transaction. However, the funds can take over a week to appear in your account, and you usually have to pay transaction fees.
The good news is that these drawbacks can be avoided with the right operator. Take Red Dog Casino, for example, which doesn’t charge any fees and delivers your winnings within five days.
eWallets are available at state-run online sportsbooks, but they aren’t available at offshore casino sites. Unfortunately, companies like PayPal and Skill can only authorize gambling transactions at operators licensed and legal in the USA.
A fantastic alternative is MatchPay, available at Ignition Casino. With this method, you can exchange and purchase credits from other players through their trading platform in seconds.
What Forms of Gambling Are Available in Arkansas?
- Casinos: Land-based casinos are legal in Arkansas for people aged 21 or older. Online casinos are not explicitly legal and fall into an unregulated gray zone. While there are no state-regulated casinos, you can play casino games at offshore sites.
- Lottery: Anyone over 18 years old can buy lottery tickets in Arkansas, both for multi-state games and the state-exclusive Natural State Jackpot (NSJ).
- Sports Betting: Both online and in-person sports betting is legal in Arkansas for anyone age 21+. In-person betting can be done at retail casinos, whereas online betting can be done at AR sportsbook apps or offshore sites.
- Horse Racing: Horse race betting is legal in Arkansas in both live and online formats. Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort and Southland Racing offer live racing events, whereas sites like TwinSpires and TVG are top choices for online betting.
- Greyhound Racing: All greyhound tracks in Arkansas have closed, and live racing has ceased. However, no laws prohibiting dog racing have been passed. Greyhound race betting is therefore legal – but with no live events, it’s online-only wagering.
- Bingo: Bingo and raffles are legal under Arkansas gambling law, but only if for charitable purposes. Online bingo is not permitted explicitly, but offshore bingo games can be enjoyed.
Land-Based Arkansas Casinos
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Address: 2705 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, AR 71901
Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort has hosted live horse racing events for over a century. The newly expanded casino adds even more excitement to the historical gambling venue. The state-of-the-art casino floor features 1,500+ slot machines, 30 table games, and a global sportsbook with 300+ wagering options per game.
Southland Casino & Racing
Address: 1550 Ingram Boleuvard, West Memphis, AR 72301
Southland Casino & Racing opened in the mid-1950s as a racetrack only. However, after gambling laws changed, it added a colossal casino to the premises in May 2022. Southland Casino features 2,000+ slot machines and 50 live table games. There are also various restaurants and bars, plus a 300-room hotel if you want to stay the night.
Saracen Casino Resort
Address: 1 Saracen Resort Drive, Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Saracen Casino is the only tribal casino in Arkansas and is owned by the Quapaq Nation. It was the first casino in the state to open, launching its semi-permanent venue in 2019. Its 200,000 square feet of gaming space has 2,100 slot machines, 30 gaming tables, a poker room, and an on-site sportsbook. There are also four restaurants and a 300-room hotel.
Legends Resort & Casino
Address: 314 W B Street, Russellville, AR 72801
Legends Casino is Arkansas’ newest casino destination and currently in development. The gaming license was awarded to the River Valley Casino in December 2021, but it is now locked in a legal battle to maintain its license. If the build goes ahead, the venue will feature 1,200 slot machines, 32 table games, a sportsbook, and a 200-room hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online gambling legal in Arkansas?
Yes, most types of online gambling are legal in Arkansas. Your regulated gambling options include online sports betting, DFS, and pari-mutuel wagering. Online casinos are not regulated, but they’re also not prohibited, which means you can legally enjoy offshore casino sites.
What is the legal gambling age in Arkansas?
The legal age for casino gambling and sports betting (both online and in-person) is 21. If you’re 18, you can legally purchase lottery tickets, partake in pari-mutuel wagering, and enter DFS contests.
When did Arkansas regulate online gambling?
Sports betting legalization happened in 2021. Online gambling in Arkansas then officially began in April 2022, with the launch of Oaklawn’s sportsbook app. As it stands, online casino gambling is not currently regulated in the state.
Who regulates online sports betting in Arkansas?
The Arkansas Racing Commission regulates online gambling in the state. The Commission was established in 1935 to oversee horse and greyhound racing and is now in charge of online and in-person sportsbooks.
Can I play daily fantasy sports in Arkansas?
Yes, you can play DFS in Arkansas. The state was one of the first to outrightly legalize paid fantasy sports game wagering in 2017 when H 2250 was signed into law.
Can I win real money playing online?
Yes, you can win real money by playing online. Although no Arkansas-licensed online casinos exist, legal sports betting is a valid option. You can also wager at our recommended offshore casino sites for real money if you live in Arkansas.
Is DraftKings legal in Arkansas?
DraftKings DFS is legal in Arkansas, but DraftKings Casino and DraftKings Sportsbook aren’t. Because online sports betting is regulated in Arkansas, there is a chance that DraftKings Sportsbook could come to Arkansas in the future.