Updated July 4th, 2021
Atlantic City continues to be on the rebound!
Gaming revenues are on the rise, and visitor numbers are increasing. Caesars is investing $400 million into remodeling their 3 resorts, while newer joints like the Hard Rock & Casino Atlantic City and the Ocean Casino Resort continue to do well.
All of which means that the return of Atlantic City’s 4th of July fireworks show this year should be more exciting than ever.
In fact, Atlantic City extends the party by having fireworks shows both on the Boardwalk, and in the Marina District. (There are other fireworks displays in the A.C. area, however this article concerns the tourist areas only).
In addition to these shows, the Tropicana Hotel & Casino lights off fireworks every Saturday night in the summer. (More on that below).
As for Independence Day, this year, the 4th of July falls on a Sunday.
This year’s show is graciously put on by the Borgata Hotel and Casino in the Marina District, and by the Tropicana on the Boardwalk.
Atlantic City Fireworks for July 4th, 2021
Here are the dates and times for Atlantic City’s Independence Day fireworks shows:
July 4th: 9:20 PM – Borgata – Marina District
July 4th: 10 PM – Tropicana – Boardwalk/Beach
Borgata Fireworks 2021
This 20-minute long fireworks display in the Marina District will take place from the same location as in previous years – the vacant land between The Borgata and Harrah’s.
There is public parking and viewing available at the Borgata’s north surface parking lot, where it costs $5 for self-parking and $10 for valet.
For 2021, American Idol finalist Mara Justine will kick-off the show by singing the National Anthem.
For those 21 and over, The Beer Garden at the Borgata has traditionally been open for viewing. The band, Lost in Paris will be playing from 6 to 9 PM.
Tropicana Fireworks 2021
Famous fireworks company Grucci is putting on this show at 10 PM on Sunday July 4th. These Boardwalk fireworks were shot off from both in front of the Tropicana and at the Steel Pier last time, and probably will be again this year.
Independence Day Fireworks Viewing Spots in Atlantic City
It’s free, of course, to watch the fireworks in either area, but many casinos have viewing parties and promotions. We’ll update this as parties are announced.
* Resorts Hotel and Casino has free live music at both their Landshark Bar & Grill, and at Margaritaville.
* Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City has – in years past – had beer and wine tents set up in the Waterfront Conference Center parking lot. No plans have been announced however as of this update.
* At Bally’s, the Beach Bar & BBQ has live music starting at 1 PM and going all night. Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood’s location also offers a great vantage point for the fireworks.
July 4th Weekend Shows in AC
In addition to fireworks, gambling and the weekend party, there are added entertainment options typically scheduled on this busy weekend. (I’m a Ticketmaster affiliate and may receive a commission should you purchase tickets).
Also at Ocean Casino, popular DJ Steve Aoki will be performing at the resort’s HQ2 Beachclub from 11 AM to 6 PM on July 4th. Tickets start at $60.
* According to Weatherspark.com, the evening of July 4th is historically very pleasant in Atlantic City. In fact, the average temperature at 9 PM is 74 degrees (historically). On average, there is a 30% chance of rain taking place at some point on the Fourth of July. The sun sets at 8:27 PM on July 4th this year. And every year:)
As of this update on Sunday afternoon, Sunday’s forecast shows a high on the Boardwalk of 76 degrees. At 9 PM (close to fireworks time), it will be 73 degrees with just a 7% chance of moisture.
* Atlantic City is a very popular destination for July 4th celebrations. In 2019, for example, beach lifeguards said it was the busiest weekend they had ever seen. According to the Press of Atlantic City, lifeguards estimated there were 100,000 people on the beach on the Sunday before Independence Day.
(Related: Atlantic City New Year’s Eve Fireworks)
Tropicana Atlantic City Weekly Fireworks
If you’re planning on being in Atlantic City the weekend prior to or the weekend after Independence Day, you’ll still get to see fireworks – thanks to the generosity of the Tropicana Casino Resort.
Tropicana’s Weekly “Summer Celebration” fireworks are shot off on the beach just south of the beachfront in front of the Tropicana. The show lasts ten minutes.
These take place every Saturday night in the summer at 10 PM, usually until Labor Day.
* Atlantic City casinos bring close to $3 billion in gaming revenue per year. This includes online gaming.
* Atlantic City’s busiest casino in terms of revenue is the Borgata, with nearly twice the revenue of its closest competitor, the Hard Rock. Harrah’s and The Tropicana are typically neck and neck in third place.
(By Steve Beauregard. Photos courtesy of the Atlantic City Casino Reinvestment Development Authority and from the Borgata media page).