By Steve Beauregard
Las Vegas may be a city known for its buffets, but for your money, you can’t beat the solid quality, selection and value of a Golden Corral Buffet and Grill.
With a variety of comfort food options, the famous chocolate fountain, cotton candy, and prices much lower than you’ll find on the Strip, the Golden Corral has been a hit since opening in east Las Vegas in 2013.
Yet for whatever reason (Maybe the high number of buffets in casinos around the Las Vegas valley?), there is only one Golden Corral in Las Vegas.
The restaurant is similar in style, appeal and menu to the other 500 plus Golden Corrals spread out across the country. That is to say, the menu features familiar favorites, such as the Bourbon Street chicken, grilled-to-order sirloin steaks, meatloaf, fried chicken, sweet potatoes, yeast rolls, Awesome pot roast, along with the salad bar of course, and dessert station, with the aforementioned cotton candy.
The restaurant is located on the east side of town on S. Lamb Blvd, south of Charleston, (S. Lamb is found in-between the 515 and N. Nellis Blvd).
It’s located just south of the Home Depot on S. Lamb, and across the street from William Snyder Elementary School.
Address and Phone
Its exact address is as follows:
Las Vegas, NV. 89104
Phone: (702) 685-9595
Monday – Thursday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* This location is the only Golden Corral in the entire state of Nevada.
* The restaurant opened on December 19th, 2013. According to a story in the Las Vegas Review Journal, there had been a Golden Corral in town two decades prior, but it had shut down.
* For those of you from out of town who may want to, for whatever reason, go to this Golden Corral, it is 8 miles from the center of the Las Vegas Strip, and would take you about 25 minutes to drive to it.
* In the aforementioned LV Review-Journal, the reporter spoke with this location’s owner, who indicated two more Golden Corrals would be built in the Las Vegas area. However that has yet to transpire.
* The very first Golden Corral opened in Fayetteville, North Carolina in 1973. There are now over 500 locations across the United States.
(Photo courtesy of Daniel X. O’Neil via Flickr).