Alaska Online Casinos Sites (2023 Update)
- Aside from fantasy sports, there is no legal online gambling in Alaska. You won’t find any regulated online poker sites, sportsbooks, or casinos in the state.
- You can enjoy online casino gambling at offshore gambling sites. These operators are licensed and regulated outside the USA, so they fall into an unregulated “gray area.” While not outrightly legal, they’re also not unlawful.
- Not all offshore casinos are trustworthy. To avoid playing at an illegitimate site, register for one of the operators listed here that have passed all our reliability and safety checks.
- The best Alaska casinos offer an incredible selection of real-money slots, table games, and live dealer games. They also run massive bonuses, support several secure payment options, and payout winnings quickly.
- It’s unlikely that Alaska will legalize online gambling in the near future, and all recent attempts to relax the current laws have failed.
Top Alaska Online Casinos Reviewed 2023
1. Café Casino
Launched in 2016, Café Casino is the best online casino in Alaska. It is regulated and licensed in Panama, proving it is safe and legitimate. All the games at Café Casino also use a reliable random number generation (RNG) and are powered by leading developers like Rival, RTG, and Revolver Gaming.
There are over 230 games on the platform overall. Your options include high-quality online slot machines, video poker games, table games, and live dealer options. There is even a selection of bingo games and a few proprietary titles. Because these games are made in-house, they can’t be found at any other online gambling site.
The payment methods at Café Casino are equally as vast as the selection of games. Supported banking options include all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX), cryptocurrencies, bank wire transfers, and courier checks. Deposits start from $5 when using Tether, making this a top choice for recreational players.
Register for a new Café Casino account, and you can take advantage of their 250% welcome bonus of up to $1,500. If you make your first deposit with Bitcoin, this increases to 350% up to $5,000. This is one of the highest percentage matches available across all Alaska gambling sites, and there are plenty of ongoing offers and rewards once you’ve claimed this initial promotion.
BetUS has been around since 1994 and is one of the most trusted Alaska online casinos. The US gambling industry is highly competitive, so surviving three decades proves BetUS’s outstanding reputation and offerings. The operator is also licensed in Curacao, further providing it’s safe and legitimate.
You can enjoy 480+ exciting games at BetUS, including slots, blackjack, roulette, video poker, and more. All the games are from Betsoft, DGS, and Nucleus, which are famous for their innovative themes and quality graphics. BetUS also offers a comprehensive sportsbook, which is ideal if you’re interested in real-money casino games and sports betting.
In fact, BetUS caters to sports bettors and casino gamblers in equal parts. There is even a selection of welcome bonuses up for grabs, allowing you to choose the one that most suits your gameplay. We recommend their casino bonus―a 150% match up to $3,000. If you deposit using cryptocurrency, you can gain an even bigger promotion of 250% up to $5,000.
The supported cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. Alternatively, you can fund your account using credit cards, wire transfers, or even mobile wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay. The latter are highly convenient for mobile gamers, and their entire casino and sportsbook offerings are available across all devices.
How to Sign Up with the Best Alaska Online Casino
1. Go to Website and Create an Online Gambling Account
Open the browser application on your chosen device and head to the Café Casino website. Click the “Join” button and complete the registration form with all your personal information. Set a username and password, agree to the T&Cs, and click “Confirm” to register your account.
2. Deposit Funds and Enter Promo Code
Go to the cashier screen to make your first deposit. Choose your preferred payment method, enter the amount you want to deposit, and follow the prompts. Before confirming the transaction, ensure you’ve selected the relevant welcome bonus from the drop-down list to apply to your account.
3. Choose Game and Play for Real Money
Go to the games lobby and browse the incredible selection of casino games. Once you’ve found a game you want to play, click on the title and place your first real-money wagers. If your bets come in, your winnings will be instantly credited to your casino balance and can be withdrawn later.
Alaska Online Gambling Laws―Is It Legal?
Alaska doesn’t have a regulated online gambling industry. This means it is illegal to play real-money online casino games, online poker, or place sports wagers online. However, there are a few legal gambling options if you want to bet online:
- Daily fantasy sports are legal in Alaska, with leading operators such as DraftKings and FanDuel serving the state.
- Alaska lawmakers see DFS as games of skill rather than games of chance. Although not outrightly regulated, this means fantasy sports sites are legal.
- You must be at least 21 years old to enter DFS contests online in AK.
- Although there are no regulated AK casinos or online sportsbooks, you can gamble online at offshore betting sites without violating any gambling laws.
- No one from Alaska has ever been prosecuted for wagering at offshore online casinos, sportsbooks, or poker rooms.
- The best offshore casinos are listed on this page. Hundreds of real-money slots and table games are available, and you can claim massive bonuses.
- Sweepstakes casinos are legal in Alaska. Only real-money online gambling is prohibited in the state, but sweepstakes sites use virtual currencies, so they are considered legal.
- You can win real cash prizes at sweepstakes casinos like Chumba and Pulsz, but they provide more recreational gameplay.
Is Gambling at Offshore Casinos Safe?
With your legal betting options limited to DFS and sweepstakes casinos, offshore betting sites are your best option for real-money wagering. However, you must be cautious when choosing an operator. Because these sites aren’t regulated in the USA, several scam sites exist.
The best way to choose a safe offshore casino is to use one of our recommended sites. Our top-rated casinos are licensed in foreign jurisdictions, such as Panama, Curacao, and Malta. Although not as stringent as a US license, licenses from foreign countries prove these sites are legitimate. Our top picks also provide:
- Encrypted payments to protect your information.
- Fair casino games that use an RNG.
- Fast payouts using various banking options.
- Several years of experience and positive reviews.
- Generous bonuses with fair terms and conditions.
When Will Alaska Legalize Online Gambling?
It is doubtful that Alaska will offer legalized gambling soon. As it stands, there isn’t even a state lottery, commercial casinos, or legal pari-mutuel wagering. You’re limited to DFS and charitable gambling. We expect Alaska to relax its strict land-based gambling laws before online gaming is up for discussion.
In 2022, there was a push for legal and regulated online sports betting. However, HB 383 never passed the Labor and Commerce Committee in the 2022 session. There is a chance it could be reconsidered in 2023, but we doubt legal sports betting will be approved this year.
Alaska Online Gambling History
- 1984: Alaska legalizes pull-tab games. Businesses and charities are permitted to apply for permits to sell these games to bettors.
- 1990: A vote is held to decide whether to legalize gambling and create an Alaska Gaming Commission. Almost two-thirds of voters are against legalization.
- 1993: The National Indian Gaming Commission requests permission to build a tribal casino on sovereign land. To prevent its construction, AK lawmakers ban wheel, card, and dice games.
- 2003: Lawmakers attempt to establish and legalize a state lottery. Despite majority public support, Alaska rejects the changes to its strict gambling laws.
- 2008: Almost 30 years after the 1990 vote on gambling, voters take another poll on legalizing the industry. Unsurprisingly, the vote is once again rejected.
- 2018: The US Supreme Court overturns the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) of 1992, meaning all states are now permitted to create and regulate their own sports betting markets.
- 2020: Gov. Dunleavy introduces legislation in the Senate and House to create a state lottery (SB 118 and HB 246). Due to COVID-19, the bill doesn’t progress out of either chamber.
- 2022: Rep. Wool introduces HB 385, which would legalize online and retail sports wagering in Alaska. By the end of the legislative session, the bill is yet to move outside the chamber.
Alaska Tribal Partnerships
Alaska doesn’t have partnerships with any tribes. However, this isn’t due to a lack of tribes in the state―Alaska is home to almost half of all Native American tribes in the USA. There are 228 federally recognized tribal entities in Alaska, with around 1 in 6 Alaskans identifying as Native American.
Despite no tribal-state compacts, there is some tribal gaming in Alaska. Although there are no casinos with slot machines and table games, Native American tribes are permitted to offer Class II gaming under the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act of 1986. This initiates the construction of several tribal bingo halls and two approved gaming facilities: Klawock Bingo and MIC Gaming Hall.
Alaska Online Casino Promotions
You can claim several generous bonuses at Alaska casinos, including:
Deposit Match Bonuses
When the operator rewards you with a percentage of your deposit as bonus credit, it’s known as a matched bonus.
For example, Café Casino is giving a 250% match of up to $1,500 on your first deposit. Because there is such a high percentage match, you only need to deposit $600 into your account to claim the maximum bonus amount.
Cryptocurrency bonuses are match promotions that only apply to crypto deposits. They’re always bigger than the standard welcome offers.
For example, if you make your first deposit at Café Casino with Bitcoin, you’re eligible for a 350% match of up to $2,500. This means you can claim up to $1,000 more and get 100% extra back on your investment.
No-deposit bonuses are offers you claim without funding your account. They’re typically awarded to new players upon registration and are the only genuinely free promotion.
Unfortunately, they’re also rare, but you can ask for one at Red Dog after registering if you request the offer using their live chat. You can choose a $40 slot bonus or a $25 bonus for all other games.
Once you’ve claimed the signup bonuses, reload promotions can be claimed on future deposits. Most online operators run regular reload bonuses on set days of the week.
For example, Wild Casino rewards players $50 extra for deposits made on Tuesdays. On Thursdays, you can claim up to a 50% match on your deposit, and on Sundays, you can get a 50% match bonus of up to $500.
VIP programs are reward schemes run by casino sites. You earn points with every wager placed that can be exchanged for prizes. The points also determine your loyalty level, with bigger bonuses and perks unlocked at each tier.
For example, the VIP program at Ignition Casino lets you redeem points for cash: the higher your loyalty level, the greater the redemption rate.
Mobile Gambling Apps in Alaska
You won’t find gambling sites on Google Play or the App Store in Alaska. However, with a stable internet connection, you can access the games at all our casinos from mobiles and tablets.
Android Mobile Gambling
To play from Android devices, go to the casino site using Google Chrome or the Samsung Internet app. All our top-rated sites are built using HTML 5 technology. This means they instantly adapt to the size of your device and provide the same functionality as the desktop version.
iOS Mobile Gambling
iOS users can play games on the go through the Safari browser. You can also claim bonuses, fund your account, and request payouts from the iPhone or iPad. When playing via the web, you don’t need to worry about having the latest iOS updates or enough storage space.
Advantages of Offshore Gambling in Alaska
Offshore casinos run massive bonuses with which US-regulated gambling sites can’t compete. For example, Wild Casino offers a crypto welcome bonus of up to $9,000. Even if Alaska regulates online gambling, you’d never see promotions this generous.
We don’t yet know what software would power regulated online casinos in Alaska. However, offshore sites rely on several world-leading developers, resulting in a vast and varied portfolio of slots, table games, video poker, and specialty titles.
Here are the names behind our recommended platforms:
- Revolver Gaming
- Concept Gaming
- Woohoo games
- Dragon Gaming
All our Alaska casinos accept 4+ cryptocurrencies. Using crypto offers several advantages over fiat payments, including faster payouts, crypto-exclusive bonuses, and low deposits starting from $5. Crypto isn’t available at regulated US casinos, so these benefits are a unique perk of overseas sites.
As offshore operators are outside US jurisdiction, you’re under no obligation to report your winnings to state authorities. In comparison, all winnings from regulated casinos would have to be disclosed. Therefore, your gambling habits and spending is kept more private when playing at offshore gambling sites.
What Games Can I Play at Alaska Online Casinos?
Alaska gamblers can play a full range of casino games at our recommended casino sites.
You can play online slots at all our top casino sites. Every site provides 125+ online slot machines, ranging from classic three-reel penny slots to 3D progressive jackpots. Our favorites are 10 Times Vegas, Reels of Treasure, and Golden Buffalo. You’ll even find high-limit games that take $5+ per payline, which is perfect for high rollers.
Wild Casino offers the most extensive slot selection. It supports no less than 363 games from Betsoft and Nucleus. The operator also runs weekly slot tournaments with a $5,000 guaranteed prize pool, adding a healthy dose of competition to up your excitement further.
Blackjack is the most popular online table game. You’ll find three versions at Red Dog, eight at Café Casino and Ignition, and 13 blackjack games at Wild Casino. Meanwhile, BetUS provides an impressive 32 blackjack variants, including high-limit games. Our favorites are Spanish Blackjack, Blackjack Switch, and 21 Burn.
You’ll find at least six video poker titles at all our top-rated Alaska casinos, including several takes on the infamous Jacks or Better game. If you want an even more incredible selection, head to BetUS. They offer two dozen video poker games, including Joker Poker, Deuces Wild, and Aces and Faces.
Red Dog Casino offers one high-quality game of European Roulette from RTG. It’s an excellent title, but you’ll find a better range of roulette games at our other AK casinos: Café Casino provides four roulette games, Ignition and BetUS offer five, and Wild Casino carries 11 unique titles. Available games include Roulette II, American Roulette, and Platinum Chip Roulette.
You’ll find plenty more online table games besides blackjack and roulette at online casinos. From dice games like craps to three-card poker, baccarat, and casino war, there are loads of games to keep you entertained.
You can also play electronic poker variants like Caribbean Stud Poker and Texas Hold’Em. Although these games are fun, you’re better off using dedicated online poker sites to play poker. Ignition Poker is a fitting example, offering daily poker tournaments and devoting 50% of its welcome bonus to its poker platform (the remaining 50% is for the casino).
Red Dog has no live casino, but all our other promoted sites provide immersive live dealer games. Without any land-based casinos in Alaska, these games provide the most authentic casino experience you can enjoy in the state. Your options include Live European Roulette, Live Super 6, Blackjack HD, and Live Baccarat.
You can play bingo at Ignition and Café Casino by looking in the specialty games category. Café Casino provides the most extensive selection, with seven online bingo games. Your options include Amazonia Bingo, Bingo Goal, and the popular fish-themed Pesca Bingo.
New Online Casino Sites in Alaska
Without a regulated industry, trust and reliability are the most important factors to consider when gambling online from Alaska. Therefore, we only recommend new sites with several years under the belt and/or brands of existing US operators.
If you’re looking for a new and modern platform, below are your current best options:
- Red Dog Casino: 2019
- Las Atlantis Casino: 2020
- El Royal: 2020
- Super Slots: 2020
- Rich Palms: 2020
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Alaska Betting Site
Hundreds of casinos accept players from Alaska, so use our tips below to ensure you choose the best gambling site for your gameplay.
- Reviews: Before registering for an Alaska online casino, read reviews from real-world players and industry experts. This is the best way to see what a casino offers and gauge whether it’s a site you can trust.
- Licensing: All reputable online casinos are licensed in countries like Panama, Curacao, or Gibraltar. Check that the operator you’re considering possesses a license by looking in the website footer. If you’re unsure, use one of the sites listed on this page―they’ve all had their licenses verified by our experts.
- Promotions: Compare the bonuses and promotions, looking for the most lucrative rewards possible. You should also consider the wagering requirements, minimum deposit amount, and game restrictions to establish the actual value and suitability of the promotion for your gameplay.
- Accessibility: The best Alaska online casinos are accessed on all devices, including PCs, smartphones, and tablets. Visit the casino site on all the devices from which you plan to play. Only create an account if they offer a high-quality experience across the board and access to their full portfolio of games.
- Game Variety: Check that the games provided are exciting and varied. The best casinos offer a range of online slots, video poker games, table games, and live dealer options. If you’re interested in sports betting, online poker, or bingo, try and find casinos that provide all the games you intend to play on one platform.
- Min/Max Bets: All games at online casinos have maximum and minimum bets. Check that there are games with betting limits that suit your gambling budget. We suggest looking for operators that cater to both high and low rollers so you can move to higher-limit tables as your bankroll grows.
- Banking Options: Payment methods are a crucial consideration at real-money online casinos. Ensure there are banking options you’re happy using for deposits and withdrawals. You should also compare transaction fees as well as the payout speed and limits to find the best payment terms possible.
Alaska State Revenues from Gambling
The only gambling revenue in Alaska is generated from tribal gaming. There are two approved tribal operators in AK, one in Klawock and one in Metlakatla. In 2022, these properties had a combined $3.7 million annual economic impact and brought in $350,538 in tax for the state.
Alaska Lawmakers Involved in Gambling Legislation
- Gov. Mike Dunleavy introduced a pair of bills (SB 118 and HB 246) into the House and Senate in 2020. The proposals would have established an Alaska Lottery Commission and set up a state lottery. Neither made it out of the chambers due to the pandemic.
- Rep. Adam Wool introduced HB 385 in 2022, which looked to legalize Alaska sports wagering, both in-person and online. The bill had not left the House Labor and Commerce Committee by the end of the legislative session in May 2022.
Charitable Gambling in Alaska
Aside from DFS, charitable gaming is Alaska’s only legal form of wagering. Permitted gaming activities are primarily limited to pull-tabs, charitable bingo, and raffles. Dog sled racing events, such as Sled Dog Race Classic, Deep Freeze Classic, and Snow Town Ice Classic, are also allowed.
For charitable organizations and non-profits to conduct gaming activities, they must be licensed and possess a permit. These are issued yearly, and taxes are collected monthly/annually for certain games.
Banking Methods of Alaska Gambling Sites
You can choose from several payment options when gambling in Alaska.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
You can deposit and withdraw using crypto at all our top-rated sites. Depending on the operator and chosen altcoin, deposit limits start from just $5. Crypto payouts are also typically processed in less than 24 hours, making them popular among players. Wild Casino offers the biggest variety, supporting 18 different cryptocurrencies.
Credit and Debit Cards
You can deposit using Mastercard, Visa, and AMEX at all our recommended sites, while Red Dog and Wild Casino also accept Discover. Deposit limits start at $20 to $25, and fees often apply. You can also withdraw your gambling winnings back into your credit card at Red Dog, which allows you to cash out $30 to $100 per transaction.
Wild Casino and BetUS accept bank transfer deposits of $1,000 or more, but this payment method is primarily reserved for withdrawals at our top AK casinos. You can withdraw up to $25,000 per transaction, making this a fantastic option when cashing out huge jackpot wins. Unfortunately, fees often apply, and payouts take up to 15 business days to process.
You can’t use eWallets at offshore casinos in the USA. However, an excellent alternative is MatchPay, a peer-to-peer trading platform where site credits can be exchanged for cash. It’s just as convenient as eWallets because you can exchange coins in seconds. You also don’t need to share any banking information directly with the operator.
What Forms of Gambling Are Available in Alaska?
- Casinos: Casino gambling is illegal in Alaska. There are no regulated online or land-based casinos. If you want to play casino games, your only option is to register at offshore sites.
- Lottery: There is no official state-wide Lottery, nor can you enter multi-state lotto draws like Powerball or Mega Millions.
- Sports Betting: In Alaska, online and retail sports wagering is illegal, but you can enter fantasy sports contests. Alternatively, offshore AK sportsbooks accept Alaskan gamblers.
- Racing: There are no live horseracing tracks in Alaska, and pari-mutuel wagering is illegal. You can place racing bets at sportsbooks, but you’re currently limited to offshore options.
- Bingo: Few bingo halls offer tribal or charitable bingo. The legal gambling age for charity bingo is 19 and for tribal bingo is 18 (both are raised to 21 where alcohol is served).
Land-Based Casinos in Alaska
There are currently no land-based casinos in Alaska. The state does have two tribal casinos on reservation land, but these only offer bingo and pull-tabs under the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act.
The closest Alaska has come to having real casino gaming was in 2003 when a tribal casino requested permission to construct a Class III gaming facility on reservation land. However, lawmakers passed a bill outrightly forbidding wheel, card, and dice games to prevent the build from going ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online gambling legal in Alaska?
No, it is illegal for anyone to offer online gambling services in Alaska. The state opposes almost all forms of gambling, and your only legal options are DFS, bingo, and charitable gaming. If you want to wager online, you must use offshore gambling sites that accept Alaskan players.
Can I play daily fantasy sports in Alaska?
Yes, you can play daily fantasy sports in Alaska. Although not expressly legalized, DFS is considered a game of skill. Alaska hasn’t passed a law prohibiting these games, meaning operators like DraftKings and FanDuel can legally serve the state.
Can I win real money playing online?
Yes, you can win real money by playing online. If you want to play legally, you can enter paid fantasy sports contests. However, we recommend offshore online gambling sites. These are outside US jurisdiction and offer hundreds of real-money casino games to enjoy.
What is the best online casino in Alaska?
The best online casino in Alaska is Café Casino. It offers 230+ casino games, several secure payment methods, and a brilliant 250% match bonus of up to $1,500. It’s also passed all our safety checks and possesses a valid gaming license from the Government of Panama.
Are Alaska betting sites safe?
Yes, all the Alaska online gambling sites listed on this page are safe. However, as online gambling isn’t regulated in Alaska, you must be cautious when choosing a casino. Register for one of our expert-vetted recommendations to avoid falling victim to scams.
Is Café Casino legal in Alaska?
Café Casino isn’t legal in Alaska, but it’s also not considered unlawful gambling. As Café Casino is licensed and based in Panama, it’s outside AK regulations. You’re not violating any laws, and no Alaskan has ever been prosecuted for playing at offshore online casinos.
Do games at Alaska casinos use an RNG?
Yes, the casino games at our Alaska casinos use a reliable RNG. This technology ensures fair game outcomes, so you have a genuine chance of winning. However, not all offshore gambling sites use RNGs, so stick with our recommendations for games that are guaranteed to be unbiased.