By Steve Beauregard
June in Las Vegas is the time of year when the pleasant and usually bearable spring days shed their niceness and turn into absolute blazing, scorching sizzling days.
In fact, the official all-time hottest temperature in Las Vegas’ history took place on a June day. Twice. (More on that below).
June is the driest month in the Las Vegas valley. In terms of temperatures, June is the third hottest month. Only July and August and are warmer. Normal daily highs start off at 94 degrees on June first, and shoot upward from there as the month gets longer and hotter. For each day from June 18th to the end of the month, the typical daily high is at least 100 degrees.
(Related: July weather in Las Vegas).
Average temperature in Las Vegas in June
For all hours in all of June, the normal temperature in Las Vegas is 86.7 degrees Fahrenheit, or 30.38 degrees Celsius.
The average high for each day starts off at the mid-90’s during the first seven days of June. However from June 25th through June 30th, the typical daily high is at least 102 degrees.
As for average lows, June 1st sees a historical normal low of 70 degrees, however this increases throughout the month, ending on June 30th with a normal low of 79 degrees. (This almost always takes place in the very wee hours of the morning before sunrise).
(Related: Las Vegas weather in May)
Some other weather facts about Las Vegas weather in June:
Las Vegas High and Low Temperatures in June
According to the National Weather Service, the normal “Average Maximum Temperature” (in other words, the typical daily high, in June is 98.7 degrees.
Hottest Temperature in June in Las Vegas
Officially, the hottest temperature ever recorded in June in Las Vegas is tied with three other days (another one in June and two in July) for the city’s all-time high. The mercury hit 117 degrees on June 30, 2013, and on June 20th, 2017. Unofficially, before the National Weather Service began keeping records, the thermometer hit 118 degrees in July of 1931.
Coldest Temperature in Las Vegas in June
As I mentioned at the top, June is the month when the weather in Las Vegas stops messing around. Unlike January through May, when the city can experience low temperatures (and even traces of snow in the month of May), June is never cold in Sin City.
The normal daily low for Vegas in June is a reasonable 74.6 degrees Fahrenheit, or 23.66 degrees Celsius.
The city’s all-time record low temperature is 48 degrees, which took place in the very early morning hours of June 6, 1993.
Precipitation in Las Vegas in June
There is none.
OK, so maybe there is a little, but June is the driest month in Las Vegas. The city typically receives just 0.07 inches of precipitation during the entire month.
The wettest June day in Las Vegas history was June 10, 1990, when .82 of an inch of rain fell down.
As for snow? The Las Vegas Strip received a whopping two and half feet of snow on June 18th, 1995.
Of course I’m kidding.
According to the National Weather Service, the city has never received a measurement amount of snow during the month of June.
Interesting Las Vegas Weather and Other Facts for the Month of June
* The windiest June day in Las Vegas history was June 11th, 1989, the weather station recorded a wind gust of 48 m.p.h.
* In terms of visitors, June is the fourth busiest month in Las Vegas, in terms of number of visitors. In 2016, there were 3.6 million visitors to Las Vegas, according to the Las Vegas Convention & Visitor’s authority.
* In terms of hotel occupancy rates casinos on the Las Vegas Strip experience a 94.9% occupancy rate during June while downtown hotels see a rate of 84.4%.
* According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, the average nightly rate for a hotel room on the Las Vegas Strip in June is $130.55. The average for hotels on Fremont Street and downtown $63.23 per night in June.
* As for conventions? June isn’t really that big of a convention business month in Las Vegas. The largest one is Infocomm – the International Communications Industries Association convention, which brings in 35,000 attendees to Strip.
* The other big convention is the awkwardly named International Esthetics Cosmetics & Spa Conference/International Beauty Show brings 25,000 people (all with great hair and skin), to the Las Vegas Convention Center.