Maine Online Casinos Sites (2023 Update)
- There are some forms of legal online gambling in Maine. The state has outrightly legalized daily fantasy sports, online pari-mutuel wagering, and online sports betting.
- Although Gov. Mills signed a law that legalized online sports betting, sportsbooks have yet to launch. The GCU has said this might not happen until 2024.
- Playing online casino games for real money is prohibited, and no state-regulated casino sites exist. However, offshore casinos accept players from Maine. These sites fall outside US jurisdiction and are not technically illegal.
- The best offshore casinos in Maine are listed on this page. They have hundreds of the hottest casino games, massive promotions, and secure banking options.
- When choosing an offshore casino, check that it’s licensed in a foreign country and uses an RNG for all its games. This ensures you’re playing at a legitimate site with fair games.
- It is unlikely that lawmakers will regulate online casino gambling in Maine any time soon. We are still awaiting the launch of regulated sports betting, and no casino bills are passing through the legislature.
Top Maine Online Casinos Reviewed 2023
1. Café Casino
Launched in 2016, Café Casino is one of the best Maine online gambling sites. It is owned by Lynton Limited, based in Costa Rica. This parent company holds a license from Curacao and operates several other iGaming sites, suggesting it is safe and legitimate.
You’ve got the option to play 230 casino games at Café Casino. Some are developed in-house and exclusive to the site, whereas others come from top providers like RTG and Rival. By using several developers, the games are diverse; you find everything from slots to roulette, blackjack, and video poker.
Register for Café Casino and get a 250% up to $1,500 welcome bonus on your first deposit. With such a high percentage match, this is one of the best promotions for recreational players. If you fund your account with BTC, you can claim an even bigger deposit bonus of 350% up to $2,500.
After claiming this offer, you can claim plenty of other rewards. The VIP program, Café Casino Perks, is a particularly great feature. You earn points with every wager that can be redeemed for bonuses, perks, and cash prizes. There are also friend referral offers and weekly mystery bonuses.
The payment methods at Café Casino are secure and varied. Choose from popular credit cards, cryptocurrencies, and bank transfers. Crypto payments have excellent terms, with deposits starting at $5 for Tether, no payment fees, and withdrawals processed within 24 hours.
BetUS is another of the best Maine online casinos, especially if you’re into sports betting. The operator initially launched as an online sportsbook in 1994. Its online casino games were added later, but it’s still one of the US gaming market’s oldest and most trusted providers.
Over its three decades in the industry, BetUS has formed partnerships with many big names, such as Betsoft, Nucleus, and DGS. These providers bring you an eclectic selection of 480+ table games, slot machines, live casino games, and a comprehensive sports betting platform.
All new players are eligible for a welcome bonus, and BetUS gives you a choice of several. Our favorite is a 150% up to $3,000 casino bonus or a 250% up to $5,000 crypto bonus. Or, if you’re interested in sports wagering, there is another offer split between the casino and the sportsbook.
All these bonuses and the full suite of games are accessible from mobile. The mobile capabilities are what make BetUS stand out. The website adapts perfectly to all modern devices, and you can even use mobile wallets (Apple Pay and Google Pay) to make effortless deposits on the go.
Other payment methods at BetUS include cryptocurrencies, credit and debit cards, and bank wire transfers. Each uses SSL encryption to protect your personal information. Casual players can deposit as little as $10, whereas high rollers can fund their accounts with up to $50,000 per transaction.
How to Sign Up with the Best Maine Online Casino
1. Go to Website and Create an Online Casino Account
Open the browser on your chosen device and visit the Café Casino website. Click “Join” and enter all required information into the signup form. Set your username and password, agree to the T&Cs, and hit “Confirm” to finalize your account creation.
2. Deposit Funds and Enter Promo Code
Click on the payment option you want to use and enter your deposit amount. All banking methods work differently, so follow the prompts on-screen to complete the payment. Before confirming the transaction, select the welcome bonus from the drop-down list to apply to your account.
3. Choose Game and Play for Real Money
Browse the incredible selection of 230+ casino games available at Café Casino. Click on a title you want to play and place your first real-money wagers. Any winnings you receive are instantly reflected in your account balance and can be withdrawn later.
Maine Online Gambling Laws―Is it Legal?
You can enjoy several types of legal online gambling in Maine. You can enter daily fantasy sports contests, partake in online horse betting, and, more recently, legally place wagers on sporting events at online sportsbooks. Unfortunately, online casino gambling is not permitted.
If you want to gamble online, here is a closer look at your current options and the relevant Maine gambling laws:
- You can legally play fantasy sports in Maine at sites like DraftKings and FanDuel.
- The state is one of the few jurisdictions to explicitly legalize the practice with the passing of LC 1320 in 2017.
- You can play casino games at the state’s two land-based casinos, Hollywood Casino and Oxford Casino. However, online casinos and poker sites are not permitted.
- You can legally play online casino games at sweepstakes sites like Chumba and Luckyland. These sites use virtual currencies, so they don’t violate state laws.
- Offshore online casinos are the best place for real-money casino gambling. Because these sites are based overseas, they fall into a legal “gray area” and technically don’t violate Maine gambling laws.
- Online sports betting is legal in Maine.Governor Janet Mills signed LD 585 into law in May 2022, legalizing the industry. The first sportsbooks were expected to launch in August 2022.
- As it stands, however, there are no licensed or regulated sportsbook apps in Maine. Gambling authorities have yet to approve operators, and legal sports betting could be pushed back to 2024.
- While waiting for a regulated industry, offshore sportsbooks like BetUS are the best place for online sports betting.
Is Gambling at Offshore Casinos Safe?
Because offshore casinos are unregulated, they’re not necessarily safe. However, legitimate sites provide hours of fun for Maine residents, such as those listed on this page.
Overseas governments like Curacao, Panama, or Gibraltar license our top-rated offshore casinos. Although not as stringent as US licenses, this accreditation shows these sites are operating legally and aren’t going to scam you.
The offshore online casinos listed here also have secure payment methods, fair games, and pay out your winnings promptly. Online safety is always a top priority when gambling online, so stick with our recommendations to ensure you put your time and money in the right place.
When Will Maine Legalize Online Gambling?
It is unlikely that Maine will legalize online casinos shortly. Online sports betting was only approved in 2022, which would have been the perfect time to loosen online casino and poker regulations. However, all mention of legalized iGaming was removed from the newly passed law.
Moreover, the state has yet to license sportsbook operators despite legal sports betting since May 2022. The state won’t regulate online casinos until the new mobile sports betting industry is established. This pushes legal online casino gambling in Maine back to 2024 at the very earliest.
Maine Online Gambling Legislation Timeline
- 1935: Pari-mutuel wagering on horseraces is legalized in Maine. The first racetrack is the Scarborough Downs, which doesn’t open until 1950.
- 1974: Lawmakers legalize the lottery after being approved with a state-wide vote. The tickets for the Maine State Lottery go on sale on June 27, with Gov. Curtis drawing the first numbers.
- 1975: Maine legalizes charitable gaming, allowing qualifying non-profits to run bingo games and raffles for fundraising purposes.
- 1980: The Maine Indian Claims Settlement Act is signed into law. Under the agreement, Indian tribes in Maine receive an $81.5 million settlement for sovereign tribal land.
- 1988: US Congress enacts the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) to control gambling on tribal land. Maine tribes are excluded due to the previous 1980 Settlement Act.
- 2004: Maine lawmakers pass new legislation that permits a slots-only casino in the state. Construction of the Hollywood Casino begins, opening its doors the following year.
- 2010: A state-wide referendum approves table games at casinos. The following year, Maine gambling laws are amended to allow table games at the Hollywood Casino.
- 2012: The second brick-and-mortar casino comes to Maine: the Oxford Casino. It features a selection of slots, video poker games, and table games.
- 2017: Daily fantasy sports are formally legal in Maine when LC 1320 is signed into law. It is decided that the Gambling Control Unit will oversee DFS operations in the state.
- 2020: Maine lawmakers introduce and pass a sports betting bill to legalize online and retail sportsbooks. Despite passing through both chambers, it is vetoed by Gov. Mills.
- 2022: A new bill to legalize online sports betting is introduced in April 2022. Gov. Mills officially signs LD 585 into law in May, making retail and mobile sportsbooks legal in Maine.
- 2023: While online sports betting is legal in Maine, the Gambling Control Unit has yet to issue licenses. The industry is unlikely to launch before 2024.
Maine Tribal Partnerships
Native American tribes in Maine are not permitted to offer casino gambling. Under the terms of the Maine Indian Claims Settlement Act, the tribal communities are excluded from the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) of 1988.
However, Maine tribes are authorized to offer online sports betting. Under LD 585, signed into law in May 2022, four tribes, the Penobscot, Passamaquoddy, Micmac, and Maliseet tribes, can apply for mobile sports betting licenses with an established sportsbook operator. Each license costs $200,000 for a four-year term.
Maine-Licensed Gambling Sites
Maine has recently legalized online sports betting, with a new law going into effect in May 2022. However, the state has yet to license any online sportsbooks. The Maine Gambling Control Unit recently indicated that live sports betting might not go live until January 2024.
When the first Maine sportsbooks finally enter the online gambling space, they’ll be listed here. Check back for an updated list of licensed and legal operators.
Maine Online Casino Promotions
Although there aren’t any licensed casinos in Maine, there are many generous bonuses to claim at offshore gambling sites.
Deposit Match Bonuses
Deposit match bonuses are where the operator matches the money you deposit into your account up to a certain amount. Sometimes, the casino will double your deposit, giving you a 100% match on your investment. However, the best casinos offer 200% or even 300% back on your money.
The Café Casino welcome bonus is a fantastic example. It’s giving all new players a 250% up to $1,500 welcome bonus. If you deposit $100, you get $250 from the operator in promotional credits. To claim the full $1,500, you only need to deposit $600 into your account.
Cryptocurrency bonuses are offers that can only be claimed when depositing with crypto. Some casinos are strict about which cryptocurrency you can use, such as Bitcoin-only bonuses. Others are more flexible and offer these bonuses on all crypto deposits.
When available, they’re worth claiming as they’re always bigger than standard promotions. Take the massive 350% up to $2,500 Bitcoin bonus at Café Casino. Compared to its standard offer, you get $1,000 extra and a 100% return on your investment for using Bitcoin.
No-deposit bonuses are the only genuinely free casino promotion. They’re given out for completing specific requirements, usually registering for a new account rather than depositing money. For this reason, they’re much smaller than deposit bonuses, but they are free.
Red Dog Casino is the best site for no-deposit bonuses. You choose between a $40 bonus for slots or a $25 bonus for all other games. To claim the offer, you must register for a new account and then message in the live chat, stating your preference.
Reload promotions are bonuses you claim on deposits when you reload your account with money. Many Maine online casinos run regular reload bonuses several days a week. If you time you deposit around these offers, you make back thousands.
As an example, here are the reload bonuses available at BetUS:
- Tuesdays: 250% match of up to $2,500 for slots
- Thursdays: 10% boost on cryptocurrency deposits
- Saturdays: 150% bonus up to $1,500 + 20 free spins
VIP programs are another way casinos reward existing players. You’re usually enrolled in the loyalty scheme when registering for an account. You then earn points with every real-money wager, which can be exchanged for perks and bonuses. The more you spend, the bigger the rewards.
For example, Ignition Casino lets players exchange their loyalty points for cash. The more points you earn, the higher your cash redemption rate:
- Level 1: Steel: 2,500 points = $1
- Level 2: Chrome: 2,250 points = $1
- Level 3: Bronze: 2,000 points = $1
- Level 4: Silver: 1,750 points = $1
- Level 5: Gold: 1,500 points = $1
- Level 6: Platinum: 1,250 points = $1
- Level 7: Titanium: 1,000 points = $1
- Level 8: Diamond: 1,000 points = $1
Mobile Gambling Apps in Maine
Because online casinos aren’t legal in Maine, you won’t find apps in Google Play or the App Store. However, you can still play casino games from your mobile.
Android Mobile Gambling
If you have an Android, launch your preferred mobile browser and head to the casino site for instant access to all the games. You can also claim bonuses, deposit money, and withdraw winnings from your smartphone or tablet. All modern operators use HTML5, meaning the website effortlessly adapts to fit all Android makes and models.
iOS Mobile Gambling
Similarly, you can play games on your iPhone or iPad through the Safari browser. Launch the app, head to the casino site, and start playing from anywhere in Maine. The websites of our highlighted casinos are just as functional as downloadable apps. They’re arguably even better because you don’t need the latest iOS update, nor do you use up valuable storage space on your device.
Advantages of Offshore Gambling Sites
Offshore gambling sites have massive welcome bonuses. For example, Café Casino offers to match crypto deposits, whereas Wild Casino’s five-part welcome package is worth up to $9,000. Promotions this generous only exist in the unregulated, offshore market.
Our recommended online casinos rely on multiple top game developers to power their portfolios. This results in game diversity: you find various game types, volatilities, betting limits, graphics, and themes to suit your mood, budget, and preference.
Below are some of the names behind the exciting games at our top picks:
- Concept Gaming
- Authentic Gaming
- Woohoo games
- Bovada gaming
- 3 Oaks Gaming
- Amatic Industries
- Dragon Gaming
- Revolver Gaming
Cryptocurrencies are available at all the best Maine casinos. They boast several perks over traditional fiat payment methods, such as $5 minimum deposits, crypto-exclusive offers, free withdrawals, and payouts in under 24 hours. They’re also highly secure and processed on the blockchain.
US-regulated casinos and sportsbooks aren’t legally allowed to accept cryptocurrencies, meaning these perks are exclusive to offshore operators.
If Maine had a regulated online gambling industry, all your winnings would need to be reported to authorities and taxed accordingly. This isn’t the case with offshore casinos because they’re outside US jurisdiction, so your gambling habits remain private.
What Games Can I Play at Maine Online Casinos?
You find your favorite slots, video poker, and table games at Maine’s online casinos, all of which can be played for real money.
Slot machines are the most popular game at online casinos, loved for their immense variety. They come in various themes, layouts, and denominations, ensuring something to suit everyone.
All our recommended Maine casinos have hundreds of online slot games. Wild Casino has the most extensive selection, featuring 363 exciting titles. You can play classic fruit machines for $0.01 to 3D high-limit video slots that take $50+ to progressive jackpot slots that feature six-figure prizes. Some of our favorites include:
- Spin it Vegas
- 7 Fortune Frenzy
- Jewel Falls
- Golden Dragon Inferno
Wild Casino also runs slot tournaments with a guaranteed prize pool of $5,000 every week, adding a little competition to your gameplay. They’re free to enter: get your invitation by playing slots four days of the week before the event.
If you’re a fan of video poker machines, online video poker games might be for you. You spin the reels as you do when playing slots, but the symbols are playing cards. Keep your cards or spin again to score the best poker hand and secure a payout.
Although available at all our top-rated sites, BetUS has the most extensive selection of video poker games. All the following titles are available:
- Jacks or Better
- Jokers Wild
- Double Bonus
- Aces and Eights
- Tens or Better
Online blackjack can be played at all the best online casinos in Maine. For the most extensive selection, head to BetUS. Its portfolio features 32 unique blackjack variants, including Blackjack Switch, Double Exposure Blackjack, and Super 7 Blackjack.
Café Casino and Wild Casino also host weekly blackjack tournaments with huge prize pools of $5,000 to $20,000. They’re free to enter and a fantastic way to add excitement to your gambling activities.
There is one high-quality roulette game at Red Dog Casino, European Roulettefrom RealTime Gaming. However, all our other promoted casinos have a minimum of four roulette variants. Wild Casinos has the vastest selection, featuring 11 exciting games like:
- American Roulette
- Platinum Chip Roulette
- Double Ball Roulette
- Roulette II
- NG European Roulette
- Roulette Tournament
There are many other casino games besides blackjack and roulette at Maine casinos. These are usually grouped in the “Table Games” category. Examples include baccarat, craps, three-card rummy, and casino war.
Ignition is the best place to play if you’re looking for online poker. It has a live poker room where you find daily Texas Hold’Em and Omaha Poker tournaments.
Live dealer casino games are a fantastic option for anyone wanting the whole casino experience from the comfort of their home. With only two land-based casinos in Maine, they’re perfect if you live too far from an in-person venue. You play in real-time with a croupier and chat with other players.
All our top-rated Maine casinos have immersive live casinos powered by Visionary iGaming (ViG). ViG is a leader in the live casino space, known for producing games with professional dealers and high-quality streaming. Some available titles include Live Super 6, Blackjack Early Payout, and Live European Roulette.
Bingo is less popular than slots and table games. However, two online casinos on our list of recommendations offer bingo games: Ignition and Café Casino. The games are under the “Speciality” category, along with keno and scratch card games.
New Online Casino Sites in Maine
Safety and reliability are two unnegotiable factors when choosing an online casino. We only recommend new casinos with a few years of experience unless they’re a brand of an already established provider. Below are our favorite new casinos that accept Maine bettors:
- Red Dog Casino: 2019
- Las Atlantis Casino: 2020
- El Royal: 2020
- Super Slots: 2020
- Rich Palms: 2020
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Maine Betting Site
The sheer number of Maine betting sites makes choosing the best one for you and your gameplay overwhelming. Use the guide below to help you make the right decision.
- Reviews: Read reviews from experts and real-world players before registering. This provides insight into everything the site offers and helps identify whether the operator can be trusted. You know you’re in good company if the player feedback is consistently positive.
- Licensing: All Maine gambling sites are unregulated without a regulated casino industry. This means scam sites are common, so it’s vital to only play at sites licensed offshore. Check for this information in the website footer or use one of our expert-vetted picks.
- Promotions: Compare the casino bonuses at any gambling site you’re considering, prioritizing sites with generous offers. Always weigh the overall bonus amount, wagering requirements, and game restrictions to understand the offers clearly.
- Accessibility: The best Maine online casinos are accessible across PCs, mobiles, and tablets. Test the gambling site on all your devices before registering, favoring those with a seamless user experience. If downloads are required, also consider device storage.
- Game Variety: Look for a diverse selection of high-quality slots, table games, and video poker from various top game developers. If you love specific games, check that these are also available on the platform.
- Min/Max Bets: Check the slot denominations and table limits for games on the platform to see whether they suit your gambling budget. We recommend opting for sites with good variation to increase your bets as your bankroll grows.
- Banking Options: Playing online casino games for real money online requires seamless online payment options. Check the supporting banking methods and see if there’s a suitable option. Also, compare payment fees, speeds, and limits.
Maine State Revenues from Gambling
All gambling revenue in Maine comes from the state’s two brick-and-mortar casinos. In 2022, the Oxford Casino and Hollywood Casino generated $165.1 million in gross gaming revenue (GGR). This had an overall economic impact of $244.2 million while generating $86.6 million in tax for the state.
Maine Lawmakers Involved in Gambling Legislation
- Sen. Louis Luchini sponsored the sports betting bills LD 553 and LD 1352, introduced to the Senate in 2020 and 2021.
- Rep. Rachel Talbot Ross filed LD 585 to expand tribal sovereignty and grant Maine tribes access to sports betting in 2022.
- Gov. Janet Mills signed the sports betting bill into law in 2022, giving control of the industry to Native American tribes. Gov. Mills previously vetoed Maine sports betting legislation.
Charitable Gambling in Maine
Charitable gambling is legal in Maine and regulated by the Maine State Police Licensing Division. Approved games include bingo (referred to as “beano” in Maine’s Statutes) and raffles. Only authorized non-profit organizations are allowed to host charitable gambling events that are strictly for participants aged 18 or older.
Maine Gambling Taxes
You are required to pay tax on your gambling winnings in Maine. They’re subject to 7.15% state and 24% federal taxes. The Maine State Lottery automatically withholds these taxes if you win more than $5,000 on the state lottery, whereas the casino usually withholds winnings from land-based casino gambling.
Until Maine makes online casinos legal, gambling winnings from online betting sites are exempt from tax. All online casinos that accept Maine players are based outside US jurisdiction. Therefore, you don’t need to report these winnings to authorities.
Banking Methods of Maine Gambling Sites
Secure and reliable banking methods are vital when playing casino games for real money. Here are the core payment methods available to Maine bettors:
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are available for deposit at all our recommended sites. Deposit limits start at $5 for Tether and reach up to $500,000 when using Bitcoin, making crypto an excellent option for casual players and high rollers.
You can also use crypto for withdrawals. Cryptocurrency payouts are much faster than fiat withdrawals and are usually processed in less than 24 hours. Plus, they’re free from transaction fees.
Credit and Debit Cards
Popular banking cards such as Amex, Mastercard, and Visa are available at all our top-rated Maine casinos, while Discover is accepted at Red Dog and Wild Casino. Deposit limits start at $20–$25. However, fees often apply, and some US banks block payments to gambling sites.
Although less common, some Maine casinos allow credit card withdrawals. You can typically withdraw $150 to $2,500 per transaction, and they take 3–4 business days to process.
Bank transfers are a popular withdrawal method for paying out big wins. Depending on the operator, you can cash out $25,000 at once and are fully protected by your bank’s security system. However, withdrawals can take up to 15 business days to process, and fees are usually applicable.
For quicker and more cost-effective bank transfer withdrawals, head to Red Dog Casino. They don’t charge for payouts and promise to deliver your winnings in five days or less.
As online gambling isn’t regulated in Maine, eWallets like PayPal and Skrill are unavailable at online casinos. It goes against their terms of service to accept gambling transactions.
A fantastic alternative is MatchPay, a peer-to-peer trading platform where you exchange casino credits for cash. Once you’ve found a buyer, the transactions are processed immediately. Like eWallets, you don’t need to share your banking information directly with the operator.
What Forms of Gambling Are Available in Maine?
- Casinos: Players age 21+ can legally enjoy casino games at the two land-based casinos in Maine. Social casino sites are also permitted, but real-money online casino gambling is prohibited unless at an offshore casino. These fall into an unregulated “gray area.”
- Lottery: The Maine State Lottery was established in 1974. It permits state draws, regional draws (such as Megabucks in New Hampshire and Vermont), and intra-state games like Mega Millions.You can legally purchase lottery tickets in Maine at the age of 18.
- Sports Betting: Retail and online sportsbooks are legal in Maine as of 2022. Native tribes are given rights to the industry, allowing for up to four online and ten retail operators. However, the GCU has yet to award licenses, and legal sports wagering has yet to launch.
- Racing: Pari-mutuel betting is legal in Maine at live racetracks and licensed off-track betting locations. To participate in a pari-mutuel pool, you must be 18+. It’s also legal to gamble online at racebooks like Twinspires and TVG.
- Bingo: State law permits bingo as charitable gambling for authorized non-profit organizations. Tribal high-stakes bingo is also allowed in the state, despite the exclusion of Maine tribes from the IGRA and the ban on Native American casinos.
Major Jackpot Wins in Maine
The biggest jackpot at the Oxford Casino in 2022 was a massive $106,88000 won by a lucky winner in October. In September, another player hit a jackpot of $93,943.99. Similar size wins occurred at the Hollywood Casino in Bangor, with several bettors taking home five- or six-figure payouts.
Land-Based Casinos in Maine
Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway
Address: 500 Main St., Bangor, ME 04401, United States
The Hollywood Casino Bangor is one of the best places in Maine to head for a Vegas-like casino experience. Penn National Gaming operates the gambling venue with 715 slot machines and video poker games. There are also 14 table games, including craps, blackjack, and roulette. The casino also used to have a poker room, but this is closed until further notice.
You can dine at two on-site restaurants or stay the night in the luxury hotel when not on the casino floor. If you’re at the casino at the right time of year, you might even be able to watch live racing events at the Hollywood Raceway.
Oxford Casino Hotel
Address: 777 Casino Way, Oxford, ME 04270, United States
The Oxford Casino opened in June 2012. It is the biggest of the two brick-and-mortar casinos in Maine, featuring almost 1,000 slot machines, 87 video poker games, and 11 electronic keno machines. You can also enjoy table games, including blackjack, roulette, craps, three-card poker, and mini-baccarat.
There are two dining options at the Oxford Casino: OX Pub and Oxford Express. There is also a loyalty club all casino players can join. You earn points for playing slots that can be used for food and beverage purchases and exchanged for exclusive free-play offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online gambling legal in Maine?
Online sports betting is permitted, but no operators are currently live. Meanwhile, online casino gaming is not legal or regulated. Therefore, offshore gambling sites are your best option for playing real-money casino games online if you live in Maine.
What is the legal gambling age in Maine?
The legal gambling age in Maine for casinos and sports betting is 21+. However, 18-year-olds can legally enter DFS contents, place pari-mutuel bets, and purchase lottery tickets. Most offshore casinos also accept players aged 18+ as they operate outside US jurisdiction.
When did Maine regulate online gambling?
Maine passed legislation permitting online sports betting regulation in 2022, but there are currently no licensed operators in the state. Lawmakers are yet to regulate online casino gambling or online poker. So, for now, offshore gambling sites are your only option.
Who regulates online sports betting in Maine?
The State of Maine Gambling Control Unit (GCU) is the regulatory body for the new sports betting industry. This department is a bureau within the Department of Public Safety. The Maine GCU also oversees fantasy sports and land-based casino gambling.
Can I play daily fantasy sports in Maine?
Yes, you can play daily fantasy sports (DFS) in Maine. The state became the 15th in the US to outrightly legalize and regulate DFS in 2017, allowing operators like DraftKings and FanDuel to enter the market legally.
Can I win real money playing online?
Yes, you can win real money by playing games online. DFS is the only legal and regulated option in Maine. However, offshore casinos also accept players from Maine, offering hundreds of online slots, video poker games, and table games to play for real money.
What is the best online casino in Maine?
Café Casino is the best online casino in Maine. It has 230+ of the hottest casino games, a welcome bonus worth up to $2,500, and many secure payment options. All our other top-rated Maine casinos, including Wild Casino, BetUS, and Ignition, are listed on this page.
Are Maine betting sites safe?
No, not all Maine betting sites are safe. The iGaming industry is not regulated in Maine, and many scam sites exist. However, all the operators highlighted on this page are safe, with valid gaming licenses, secure banking options, and randomized games.
Is DraftKings legal in Maine?
DraftKings DFS is legal in Maine, but its sportsbook and casino are not. There’s a chance that one of the tribes will partner with DraftKings as their sportsbook provider, bringing DraftKings Sportsbook to the state. Meanwhile, DraftKings casinos are illegal.
Is FanDuel legal in Maine?
FanDuel DFS is legal in Maine because fantasy sports are permitted under state law. Unfortunately, FanDuel Sportsbook and Casino are currently unavailable. However, if one of the recognized tribes partners with FanDuel, its sportsbook could go live in Maine.
Is Café Casino legal in Maine?
Café Casino is not explicitly legal in Maine. However, while state law bans US online casinos, it says nothing about prohibiting offshore operators. As such, Café Casino operates in an unregulated “gray area” and happily accepts players from Maine.
Do games at Maine casinos use an RNG?
All reputable Maine casinos use an RNG (random number generator). This technology ensures the outcome of the games is unbiased and random, giving you a genuine chance of winning. Our casinos even have their RNGs audited to prove they’re working correctly.