Louisiana Online Casinos Sites (2023 Update)
- There are many forms of legal gambling in Louisiana. The state has commercial and tribal casinos, retail and online sportsbooks, racetracks, OTB facilities, and DFS sites. You can also enjoy charitable gaming and the lottery.
- Online casinos are the only form of illegal gambling in Louisiana. Louisiana law prohibits all forms of internet casino gaming in the USA and offshore operators.
- It is unlikely that lawmakers will make online casinos legal any time soon. However, offshore sites readily accept players from Louisiana. Although prohibited, no one from Louisiana has ever been prosecuted for wagering at offshore sites.
- The best casinos for Louisiana players are listed on this page. They all have valid gaming licenses, massive casino bonuses, and a selection of the hottest real-money casino games.
- When choosing a casino site, check that it’s trustworthy and legitimate. It offers secure and reliable payment methods, is licensed by overseas governments, and uses a random number generator (RNG) for its casino games.
Top Louisiana Online Casinos Reviewed 2023
1. Café Casino
Launched in 2016, Café Casino has built an outstanding reputation. The site is owned and operated by Lynton Limited. This company is located in Costa Rica but holds a gaming license from the Government of Curacao, meaning Café Casino is operating legitimately.
You can enjoy 230 casino games at Café Casino, including various 3D video slots, fruit machines, table, and live casino games. High-end software developers like RTG and Rival develop the most. However, several are developed in-house and are exclusive to the Café Casino site.
All new players from Louisiana are eligible for a generous 250% up to $1,500 bonus on their first deposit. Anyone using Bitcoin can instead qualify for a massive 350% up to $2,500 welcome promotion. With such a high percentage match, these are two of the best offers for casual gamers.
And the rewards don’t stop there; you’re also enrolled in the VIP scheme called Café Casino Perks. You earn points with every wager, which can later be exchanged for cash prizes. This is alongside its other ongoing promotions, such as friend referral offers and weekly mystery bonuses.
As a real-money online casino, Café Casino has multiple secure payment options. Supported banking methods include credit cards, cryptocurrencies, and bank transfers. Crypto payments get our vote, with deposits starting at $5 for Tether and no payment fees.
2. Ignition Casino
Ignition is another of the best Louisiana online casinos. It is owned by Lynton Limited, which also operates Café Casino. Like its sister site, Ignition Casino was established in 2016 and is licensed for iGaming through the Government of Curacao.
You have more than 170 high-quality casino games to play at Ignition Casino. Admittedly, this is fewer than its competitors, but the varied selection still ticks all the boxes; from progressive jackpots to video slots, roulette games, online bingo, and live dealer games, Ignition has it all.
Alongside its casino games, Ignition also has an integrated online poker site. This is undoubtedly the best place to play online poker in Louisiana. You can enjoy several tournaments and cash games of Texas Hold’Em and Omaha poker in no-limit, fixed-limit, and pot-limit formats.
The welcome bonus at Ignition allows you to experience its casino and poker room as it’s split 50/50 between both portions of the site. Deposit using crypto to get a $3,000 bonus ($1,500 for the casino; $1,500 for poker) or use fiat currencies to get a $2,000 bonus ($1,000 for each).
Your deposit options include credit cards, debit cards, and crypto. We recommend using cryptocurrencies to get an extra $1,000 on your welcome promotion. Depositing with crypto, you also benefit from free transactions and low minimum deposits of $5.
Louisiana Online Gambling Laws―Is it Legal?
The Louisiana gambling industry has come forward by leaps and bounds. Today, you can enjoy several types of online gambling without breaking Louisiana gambling laws. Your legal and regulated options include online sportsbooks, fantasy sports, and pari-mutuel wagering.
Unfortunately, online casino gaming and poker remain illegal in the Pelican State. However, you can play real-money casino games at unregulated offshore casinos without fear of prosecution. You can also enjoy slots and table games at sweepstakes sites like Chumba and Luckyland Slots.
Here is a closer look at the key parts of the gambling legislation you need to know:
- If you’re over 21, you can legally place online sports wagers in Louisiana at regulated mobile sportsbooks.
- Online sports betting made its debut in January 2022. Four apps are live, but the legislation allows up to 40 operators.
- Sports wagering is only available in 55 parishes in Louisiana that voted for legal sports betting in a November 2020 ballot.
- Pari-mutuel wagering is legal in Louisiana at age 18+ and available in person at racetracks and off-track betting facilities. You can also legally place horserace bets online through racebooks like TwinSpires.
- You can legally enter paid fantasy sports contests in Louisiana at 21.
- The state legalized and regulated DFS in 2018. However, it took until 2021 for the Gambling Commission to begin accepting license requests.
- DraftKings and FanDuel are the only permitted fantasy sports operators in LA.
- Online casinos and poker rooms are not regulated in Louisiana. However, you can play online casino games at offshore online casinos.
- Louisiana is one of the few states to outrightly ban online gambling in foreign jurisdictions (LA Revised Statute § 14:90.3), which makes “gambling by computer” a criminal offense.
- Despite this law, no players from Louisiana have ever been prosecuted for gambling at offshore online casinos and poker rooms.
- Sweepstakes casinos are your only legal option for playing casino games online. However, these are played with virtual currencies rather than real money.
Is Gambling at Offshore Casinos Safe?
All the offshore casinos listed on this page are safe. Although not regulated in Louisiana, they’re licensed in Panama, Curacao, and Malta. These gambling authorities aren’t as strict as US officials but prove the casino is legitimate and trustworthy.
Our recommended Louisiana online casinos also provide secure banking options, fair casino games, and massive bonuses that make you money. However, the same isn’t true for all offshore casino sites. There are unsafe scam operators on the internet, so stick with our expert-vetted picks to ensure your online safety isn’t at risk.
When Will Louisiana Legalize Online Gambling?
The Pelican State is home to several land-based casinos, but online casinos aren’t in the legislative pipeline. Talks of legalizing internet gambling occurred in 2013, when New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan were making moves in the industry. However, no proposal made it through the legislature, leaving Louisiana behind these other states.
Moreover, although online sports betting was legalized in 2021, there were no discussions about regulating online casinos. Thankfully, all the offshore betting sites listed here accept players from Louisiana and offer real-money games, massive bonuses, and secure payments.
Louisiana Online Gambling Legislation Timeline
- 1968: Louisiana lawmakers legalize charitable gaming, allowing qualifying non-profits to host bingo, raffles, and keno games. Pari-mutuel wagering at racetracks is also legalized.
- 1991: The “Gaming Control Act” is signed into law, legalizing riverboat casinos, video poker machines, and lotteries. The Louisiana Lottery Corporation is established the same year.
- 1992: The first lottery tickets go on sale in Louisiana. The state also enters its first-ever tribal gaming compact with the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe, permitting rights to Class III gaming.
- 1994: Through its tribal-state compact, the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe opens the first Native Indian casino in Louisiana, The Paragon Casino Resort.
- 1996: The Louisiana Gaming Control Board (LGCB) oversees riverboat casinos. It’s agreed that some casino revenue will be directed into education funds.
- 1997: New gambling laws are passed that allow the racetracks in Louisiana to offer casino gambling. The aim is to help the state’s long-term survival of live horseracing.
- 2004: HB 365 is passed, raising the minimum gambling age for playing slots at riverboat casinos, land-based casinos, and racinos from 18 to 21.
- 2013: Representative Mike Huval makes the first push for online legal gaming in Louisiana. However, internet gaming takes a back seat, and no bill is pushed through the chambers.
- 2018: DFS is outrightly legalized and regulated in Louisiana. However, the LGCB doesn’t begin accepting license applications until 2021.
- 2020: A referendum on legalizing sports betting makes the November ballot. Of the 64 parishes in Louisiana, 55 vote in favor of sports wagering within their borders.
- 2021: A trio of sports betting bills pass through the chambers and reach the Governor. They’re signed into law, legalizing mobile and retail sportsbooks in the state.
- 2022: Online sports betting makes its debut in January 2022. Retail sportsbooks at racetracks and casinos in the state opened in October of the previous year.
- 2023: January 2023 marked one year of legal Louisiana sports betting. The state collected around $32 million in revenue throughout its first year of operations.
LA Tribal Partnerships
The first tribal-state compact in Louisiana was with the Tunica-Biloxi Indian Tribe. The initial agreement was entered into in 1992 and permitted the tribe to offer Class III gaming on sovereign land. The tribe opened the Paragon Casino Resort in Marksvilla shortly afterward.
The three other federally recognized tribes in Louisiana―the Coushatta Tribe, the Chirimacha Tribe, and the Jena Band of Choctaw Indians―have since entered gaming compacts and opened Native American casinos. The tribes are also permitted to offer sports wagering under the new regulations.
Louisiana-Licensed Gambling Sites
Without a regulated iGaming industry, no Louisiana-licensed casinos or poker rooms exist. However, several top sportsbook operators have launched mobile betting apps in the Pelican State. Here are your current options and the launch dates for each:
- DraftKings Sportsbook: January 2022
- Caesars Sportsbook: January 2022
- FanDuel Sportsbook: January 2022
- BetRivers: January 2022
- BetMGM: January 2022
- Barstool Sportsbook: January 2022
- WynnBet: February 2022
- PointsBet: September 2022
Louisiana Online Casino Promotions
Although Louisiana hasn’t regulated its online casino industry, plenty of generous promotions are awaiting at offshore gambling sites.
Deposit Match Bonuses
Most of the massive welcome promotions at casinos are deposit match bonuses. These promotions are where the operator matches your deposit with bonus credit. The offer always states how much your deposit will be matched and the maximum amount you can claim.
For example, Café Casino gives all new players a 250% up to $1,500 bonus on their first deposit. If you funded your account with $100, you’d receive $250 in promotional credits. Due to the high percentage match, you only need to deposit $600 to claim the full $1,500 bonus and take your total bankroll to $2,100.
Cryptocurrency bonuses are deposit match offers only valid when funding your account with crypto. Not all online gambling sites run crypto-exclusive offers, but they’re worth claiming where available. They’re always bigger than standard promotions and help you grow your bankroll further.
The welcome bonus at Wild Casino is a brilliant example of how lucrative these promotions can be. Its standard offer is a $5,000 bonus spread across your first five deposits, which is pretty generous. However, its cryptocurrency bonus is worth a massive $9,000. This means you get $4,000 extra just for depositing with crypto.
No-deposit bonuses are the only promotions that don’t require you to fund your account to be eligible. You instead qualify for the promotion by completing specific tasks, such as registering for a new account. They’re a fantastic way to play the games for free before investing real money.
Unfortunately, no-deposit bonuses are uncommon. As the only genuinely free promotion, operators can stand to make a loss if they hand out too many. However, we’ve managed to hunt down a choice of two no-deposit bonuses at Red Dog Casino. Choose between $40 to spend on slots or $25 to spend on all other casino games.
After claiming the welcome promotion, casinos reward their existing players with reload bonuses. You qualify for these offers by depositing more money into your account. Most reload offers are deposit match bonuses, but some casinos offer free spins and other rewards.
For example, SuperSlots has a vast selection of ongoing reload offers available several days of the week. Time your deposits around these promotions, and you can grow your bankroll substantially:
- Get a 50% up to $500 bonus up to three times every Sunday.
- Get an extra $50 on up to three deposits every Tuesday.
- Get up to 50% to $250 on deposits made each Wednesday.
VIP programs are another way operators reward existing players, such as the loyalty program at Ignition Casino. You earn loyalty points (called Ignition Miles) with each real-money wager placed at the casino or poker room. These points can be exchanged for cash prizes and other perks.
Your number of Ignition Miles also determines your VIP level, with bigger perks and rewards available as you climb through the tiers. This means that the more you spend, the greater you’re rewarded. Your points at Ignition Casino never expire, meaning that even recreational players can climb to the highest level over months and years.
Mobile Gambling Apps in Louisiana
All our recommended offshore gambling sites are accessible from mobiles and tablets, meaning you can enjoy the thrills of online casinos from anywhere in Louisiana.
Android Mobile Gambling
You won’t find any casino apps listed on Google Play. Because Louisiana hasn’t legalized online casinos, downloadable apps must be installed directly from the operator’s website. Unfortunately, many scam sites use this to install malicious software onto your Android phone.
Therefore, we advise playing casino games directly through your mobile browser. All our recommended sites are built on HTML5 technology and instantly adapt to the size of your device. The design is so good that there is no need for a downloadable app. Save on storage space and instantly access all your favorite games on the go.
iOS Mobile Gambling
Online casino apps are also not listed on the App Store due to legalities; they can only be downloaded from the operator directly. If installing software, use a reputable provider to avoid accidentally installing malicious software onto your phone.
A better option is to head to the casino site using Safari and play games there. Our top-rated Louisiana casinos have user-friendly mobile sites that work on all modern iPhones and iPads. You can play all the casino games, claim promotions, and withdraw your hard-earned winnings from anywhere in the state.
Advantages of Offshore Gambling Sites
Offshore gambling sites have massive casino bonuses that you can capitalize on. The welcome bonus at Wild Casino is a brilliant example, worth a generous $5,000. Even if Louisiana were to legalize and regulate online casinos, state-licensed sites wouldn’t boast promotions of this size.
Offshore casino sites have hundreds of exciting games from multiple software providers. This results in diverse, high-quality slots, table games, video poker games, and live dealer titles. Below are just some of the development companies powering our top-rated Louisiana casinos.
- Revolver Gaming
- Concept Gaming
- Woohoo games
- Dragon Gaming
- Bovada Gaming
- 3 Oaks Gaming
- Amatic Industries
- Authentic Gaming
All our offshore casinos accept cryptocurrencies. Crypto has several advantages over traditional fiat payment methods, including lower deposit limits, no transaction fees, and fast withdrawals. Casinos regulated in the USA cannot accept crypto, making these perks exclusive to offshore sites.
Another advantage of offshore online casinos is that they provide more privacy than US-licensed casinos. Because these sites operate outside US jurisdiction, you’re not required to report your winnings to authorities. You can keep your gambling habits as private as you wish.
What Games Can I Play at Louisiana Online Casinos?
Online casinos in Louisiana have more games than the biggest casinos in Las Vegas. You can enjoy everything from online slots to video poker, roulette, and live dealer games.
Hundreds of online slots are available at all our recommended Louisiana casinos. Ignition Casino has 125 slot games, Red Dog has 150, and Café Casino has 160. For the most extensive selection, check out Wild Casino and SuperSlots―both feature over 400 slot games in their massive portfolios.
Slots are popular because they come in various themes, layouts, and denominations. From classic three-reel fruit machines to jungle-themed video slots and from penny slots to games that take $50+ per spin, there is something to suit all tastes and budgets. Some of our favorite slot titles available include:
- Wilds of Fortune
- Bounding Lucky
- The Haunted Inn
If you seek massive wins, progressive jackpot games like 777 Deluxecan turn a few dollars into five-figure prizes. Or consider entering slot tournaments at Wild Casino and SuperSlots for a healthy dose of competition and a chance to win a share of a $5,000 cash prize pool.
Video poker is available at all our top-rated casinos, with at least six games available. However, if you want more variety, Wild Casino has the most extensive selection of video poker games. There are 22 titles, including Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild Gamble, Joker Poker, and Tens of Better.
Blackjack is the most popular card game at land-based and online casinos in Louisiana. It’s available at all our recommendations: Red Dog has three blackjack games, Café Casino and Ignition have eight, SuperSlots has 18, and Wild Casino has 19 different variants. Examples include Blackjack 11, Pirate 21, Rolling Stack Blackjack, and 21 Burn.
Wild Casino, Café Casino, and SuperSlots also run weekly blackjack tournaments. Entry into the contests is free, and prize pools range from $10,000 to $20,000.
All our online casinos in Louisiana offer electronic games of roulette. Red Dog has one high-quality version of European Roulettefrom RealTime Gaming. However, all our other recommendations have a minimum of four, including titles such as:
- American Roulette
- European Roulette Deluxe
- American Double Ball Roulette
- Platinum Chip Roulette
- Roulette II
Blackjack and roulette are not your only options for table games. Other online casino games like baccarat, craps, three-card rummy, casino war, Pai Gow, and poker are all available at our top-rated sites. These are usually grouped under the “table games” category.
If you’re interested in playing online poker, Ignition Casino is your best option. Alongside their casino games is a poker platform that runs multiple big-money poker tournaments every week. You can choose from Omaha Poker and Texas Hold’Em, available in no-limit, fixed-limit, and pot-limit formats.
Live dealer table games are the closest you can get to a real-life casino experience from your mobile or computer. Footage of professional dealers is streamed live to your device as you place your wagers in real-time. You can even chat with the croupier and other players, adding a social element to your gameplay.
Red Dog, unfortunately, doesn’t have a live casino. However, all our other Louisiana casinos have immersive live dealer games from pioneering Visionary iGaming. Your options include Blackjack HD, Live Super 6, Live Baccarat, and Live Roulette.
As a less popular form of online casino gambling, bingo games aren’t available everywhere. However, there is a decent selection of bingo titles at Café Casino and Ignition, featuring six and seven games, respectively. Your options include the following:
- Bingo Goal
- Bingo Ribeirinhos
- Go-Go Bingo
- Pesca Bingo
- Tribo Bingo
New Online Casino Sites in Louisiana
We avoid recommending brand-new casinos to our readers. Trust and reliability are our top priorities, and new sites have yet to prove themselves. Therefore, we only recommend new operators that are brands of an already established provider.
Below are your current best options in Louisiana for a modern – yet safe – online casino:
- Red Dog Casino: 2019
- SuperSlots: 2020
- Las Atlantis Casino: 2020
- El Royal: 2020
- Rich Palms: 2020
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Louisiana Betting Site
With so many betting sites open to Louisiana players, choosing the best one can be overwhelming. Here are seven factors to consider to help you find the right casino for you and your gameplay:
Reviews: Read reviews from industry experts and real-world players before registering for a site. This gives you initial insight into everything the casino has to offer. It’s also a great way to gauge if the casino is safe and trustworthy―if there is nothing but positive feedback, the site is likely legitimate.
Licensing: All reliable operators hold valid gaming licenses. Check that the site is licensed before sharing any of your details. Licensing information is usually found in the website footer, but you can use one of our expert-vetted casinos if you’re unsure.
Promotions: The best offshore casinos run massive bonuses for their players. Compare the current offers available, assessing the size of the bonus, wagering requirements, and game restrictions. This helps you determine the actual value of the promotion and whether it’s a good match for your gameplay.
Accessibility: You want access to the casinos across all your devices. Always test the site on your computer and smartphone to ensure a user-friendly experience. Ensure you can play games, claim bonuses, and make payment transactions from your mobile.
Game Variety: Regarding casino games, look for as much diversity as possible. You want a site that relies on several top software developers to provide a vast range of high-quality slots, table games, and live dealer titles. The more varied the selection, the more you’ll be entertained.
Min/Max Bets: Every game at a casino has a minimum and maximum bet. Check that these betting limits align with your gambling budget. We suggest you choose an operator that caters to casual players and high rollers, ensuring appropriate games as your bankroll grows.
Banking Options: Payment options are crucial when gambling for real money. Check that there are secure banking methods you’re happy using. You should also consider transaction fees and speeds, prioritizing operators with free and fast deposits and withdrawals.
Louisiana State Revenues from Gambling
Although no online casinos exist in Louisiana, the state gains much revenue from its land-based commercial casinos. According to the American Gaming Association, the industry has generated $1.38 billion in tax revenue for the state.
The new sportsbook industry is another big revenue driver despite its infancy. LA sportsbooks generated around $32 million in tax revenue in the first full year of legal sports wagering.
Louisiana Lawmakers Involved in Gambling Legislation
- Gov. John Bel Edwards signed three sports wagering bills (HB 697, SB 247, and SB 142) into law in 2021, legalizing mobile and retail sports betting in Louisiana.
- Rep. John Stefanski sponsored HB 697 for legal sports wagering in the state.
- Sen. Patrick Page Cortez introduced the sports betting bill SB 247 into the Senate.
- Sen. Rick Ward III sponsored SB 142, which provides the legal framework for the revenue share of sports wagering.
- Rep. Mike Huval filed a House Concurrent Resolution in 2013, pushing legislators to analyze the potential benefits of internet gambling in Louisiana.
Charitable Gambling in Louisiana
Charitable gambling is legal in Louisiana and overseen by the Office of Charitable Gaming (OCG). Approved forms of charitable gaming are bingo, keno, pull tabs, and raffles. Fundraising “casino nights” are also permitted. Louisiana law requires all non-profit organizations to be licensed by the OCG before hosting charitable gambling events.
Louisiana Gambling Taxes
Gambling winnings are classed as taxable income. If you win over $1,200 on slot machines or $5,000 playing poker at commercial casinos, the state keeps a 6% withholding tax. For tribal gaming establishments, LA tribes issue a W-2G form and may withhold winnings, as per federal law.
Winnings from sports betting and fantasy sports are also taxed at a rate of 6%. Retail operators typically withhold this amount for you, but money from online betting must be reported in your annual tax return. Keeping hold of your losing receipts is worthwhile because you can offset your taxes with gambling losses.
Banking Methods of Louisiana Gambling Sites
Secure and reliable banking methods are essential when gambling at real-money online casinos. Here is a look at the main payment options available.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
All our recommended casinos accept cryptocurrencies for deposits and withdrawals. Wild Casino and SuperSlots support the most extensive selection, taking 16 digital coins. This includes Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple, Dogecoin, and Tether.
Cryptocurrencies generally have better terms than traditional payment methods. They’re not subject to fees, and payouts are processed within 24 hours. Depending on your chosen coin and casino, deposit limits range from $5 to $500,000 for crypto—a great option for high and low rollers alike.
Credit and Debit Cards
Popular credit and debit cards like Mastercard, Visa, and AMEX are accepted at our top-rated Louisiana online casino sites. They provide secure payments as your bank’s security system protects you. You can deposit as little as $20, and all payments are processed instantly.
Unfortunately, credit card transactions are typically subject to fees and are often unavailable for withdrawals. Many US banks also block payments to betting sites to prevent offshore gambling, so there is a chance that your deposit might not go through.
Bank transfers are usually a withdrawal-only option. They’re among the most secure payment methods available and fantastic for cashing out large sums of money, albeit they take several weeks to process. Payment limits are also high, ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 per transaction.
Most of our promoted casinos accept bank wire transfers, but you’ll be charged processing fees that eat into your hard-earned winnings. The only exception is Red Dog Casino, which guarantees free withdrawals within five days.
Louisiana casino sites don’t offer popular eWallets to US-based customers. As online gambling is illegal in Louisiana, payments to gambling sites go against the terms and conditions of payment providers like PayPal and Skrill.
A great alternative is MatchPay, a peer-to-peer trading platform that lets you exchange casino credits with other players. Like eWallets, MatchPay transactions are super speedy and don’t require you to share sensitive banking information directly with the operator.
What Forms of Gambling Are Available in Louisiana?
- Casinos: There are commercial, tribal, and riverboat casinos in Louisiana, offering legal slot machines and table games. Online casinos and poker are not legal or regulated, but you can access offshore sites to play real-money games online.
- Lottery: You can legally buy tickets for intrastate and multistate lottery games in Louisiana, including Mega Million, Powerball, and Louisiana Lotto.Online sales are prohibited, and licensed retailers can only purchase tickets.
- Sports Betting: Sports betting is legal in Louisiana as of 2021. You can legally place wagers at retail sportsbooks found at casinos in the state or gamble online via regulated sportsbook apps, such as DraftKings, PointsBet, and Barstool Sportsbook.
- Racing: Horserace betting is legal in Louisiana at racetracks, off-track betting facilities, and licensed betting sites. Pari-mutuel wagering on dog races is also permitted, though no live greyhound tracks exist in Louisiana.
- Bingo: Non-profit organizations in Louisiana can run bingo games for fundraising purposes. This is the only form of gambling open to people under 18. Bingo is also available at tribal casinos, but you must be 21 or older to participate.
Land-Based Casinos in Louisiana
Address: 777 Coushatta Dr., Kinder, LA 70648
Owned by the Coushatta Tribe, the Coushatta Casino is one of the four tribal casinos in the state. It is also the biggest gambling destination in Louisiana. On its massive 100,000-square-foot gaming floor are 2,800 slot machines, 70 table games, and a 22-table live poker room.
Alongside the traditional casino offerings are a 312-seat bingo hall, an off-track betting facility, and an all-new sportsbook. There are also eight dining options and a luxury hotel with 900+ rooms.
Golden Nugget Lake Charles
Address: 2550 Golden Nugget Blvd., Lake Charles, LA 70601
The Golden Nugget Louisiana Casino is set on the waterfront in Lake Charles. It opened in 2014 and features 1,600 slot machines, 87 table games, and seven live-action poker tables. There is also an exclusive 24-hour high-limit room with high-stakes blackjack and baccarat.
The latest addition to the Golden Nugget Casino is its brand-new DraftKings Sportsbook. And when you’re not placing bets, you can enjoy 14 restaurants and bars or relax in the 1,100-room luxury hotel.
Margaritaville Resort Casino
Address: 777 Margaritaville Way, Bossier City, LA 71111
The Margaritaville Casino is another of the biggest and best casinos in Louisiana. On the property, you can enjoy 1,200 slots and table games like three-card poker, roulette, craps, and baccarat. There is also a high-limit area for high rollers to spend their cash.
Beyond the gaming floor is an island-themed hotel with almost 400 rooms. The riverboat casino itself is tropical-themed, set on a pool of water. One of the restaurants even has an erupting volcano.
Paragon Casino Resort
Address: 711 Paragon Pl., Marksville, LA 71351
Owned by the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe, the Paragon Casino was the first Indian casino in Louisiana. On its magnificent casino floor are over 1,000 slot games in all themes and denominations. You’ll also find blackjack tables, craps, roulette, three-card poker, and a separate live poker room.
The latest addition to the casino is its new Betfred Sportsbook, where you can wager on all top sporting events. There are also nine bars and dining options and 500+ upscale hotel rooms.
Belle of Baton Rouge Casino Hotel
Address: 103 France St., Baton Rouge, LA 70802
The Belle of Baton Rouge is a riverboat casino and one of the first casinos in the state, having opened in 1994. The Louisiana casino features 400 slot games and video poker machines with denominations of $0.01 to $5. You can also enjoy a selection of electronic table games.
The casino is refurbished, with various new food and beverage outlets coming in 2023. They’re also in the process of building a new state-of-the-art retail sportsbook.
Other Land-Based Casino Properties in Louisiana
- Amelia Belle Casino: 500 Lake Palourde Rd., Amelia, LA 70340
- Amite Truch Plaza & Casino: 30036 Hwy. 16, West Amite, LA 70422
- Bally’s Shreveport Casino: 451 Clyde Fant Pkwy., Shreveport, LA 71101
- Boomtown Bossier City: 300 Riverside Dr., Bossier City, LA 71111
- Boomtown New Orleans: 4132 Peters Rd., Harvey, LA 70058
- Carnival Club Casino: 2401 Elysian Fields Ave., New Orleans, LA 70117
- Cash Magic Larose: 11825 LA-308, Larose, LA 70370
- Cash Magic Raceland: 109 S Service Rd., Raceland, LA 70394
- Cash Magic Westbank: 7340 Westbank Expr. #200, Marrero, LA 70072
- Cash Magic Winner’s Choice: 2654 LA-108, Sulphur, LA 70665
- Cypress Bayou Casino: 832 Martin Luther King Rd., Charenton, LA 70523
- Diamond Jacks Casino Bossier City: 711 Diamond Jacks Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111
- Eldorado Resort Casino: 451 Clyde Fant Pkwy., Shreveport, LA 71101
- Jena Choctaw Pines Casino: 149 Chahta Trails, Dry Prong, LA 71423
- Harrah’s New Orleans: 228 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge: 1717 River Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Horseshoe Bossier City: 711 Horseshoe Blvd., Bossier City, LA 71111
- Horseshoe Lake Charles: 100 Westlake Ave., Westlake, LA 70669
- Jena Choctaw Pines Casino: 149 Chahta Trails, Dry Prong, LA 71423
- L’Auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles: 777 Ave., L’Auberge, Lake Charles, LA 70601
- L’Auberge Casino Baton Rouge: 777 L’Auberge Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70820
- Lucky Longhorn Casino: 2374 LA-109, Vinton, LA 70668
- Poker Palace Casino: 4325 US-51, Laplace, LA 70068
- Sam’s Town Shreveport: 315 Clyde Fant Pkwy., Shreveport, LA 71101
- Treasure Chest Casino: 5050 Williams Blvd., Kenner, LA 70065
Alongside these commercial, tribal, and riverboat casinos, there are four racinos in Louisiana: Delta Downs, Evangeline Downs, Louisiana Downs, and Fair Grounds Racecourse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online gambling legal in Louisiana?
Online sports betting, fantasy sports, and pari-mutuel wagering are legal in Louisiana, but online casino gambling and poker are prohibited. If you want to play casino games online, many incredible offshore casinos accept players from Louisiana.
What is the legal gambling age in Louisiana?
The legal gambling age for casino gaming, sports betting, and fantasy sports is 21+. Meanwhile, Louisiana residents aged 18+ can participate in charitable bingo and pari-mutuel wagering.
When did Louisiana regulate online gambling?
Louisiana legalized online sports betting in 2021, and the industry launched in January 2022. Aside from sports wagering, the only other form of regulated online gambling is DFS. This was legalized in 2018, but the LGCB didn’t start accepting license applications until 2021.
Who regulates online sports betting in Louisiana?
The Louisiana Gaming Control Board (LGCB) regulates online sports betting in the state. This regulatory body also oversees retail sports betting and licensing matters for land-based casinos, riverboat casinos, and racinos.
Can I play daily fantasy sports in Louisiana?
Yes, you can play daily fantasy sports in Louisiana. The state outrightly legalized DFS in 2018; the first license applications were approved in 2021. Currently, Louisiana residents have the choice of two fantasy sports operators: DraftKings and FanDuel.
Can I win real money playing slots online?
Yes, you can win real money by playing slots online. Although no regulated Louisiana online gambling sites exist, most offshore operators accept players from LA. These sites have hundreds of slots and progressive jackpots you can play for real money.
What is the best online casino in Louisiana?
The best online casino in Louisiana is Wild Casino. The site features 550+ of the hottest casino games from world-leading developers and gives all new players up to $9,000 in bonus credits. All the other best online casinos are listed on this page, which is frequently updated.
Are Louisiana betting sites safe?
All the Louisiana betting sites highlighted on this page are safe. They have secure payment methods, fair casino games, and valid gaming licenses. However, illegitimate online casinos do exist and need to be avoided. Stick with our top ticks to ensure your online safety isn’t compromised.
Is DraftKings legal in Louisiana?
Yes, DraftKings is legal in Louisiana―you can access the fantasy sports platform and the sportsbook app. However, DraftKings Casino is unavailable because no regulated online casino industry exists.
Is FanDuel legal in Louisiana?
Yes, FanDuel is legal in Louisiana for anyone age 21+. However, you can only access the DFS and sportsbook platforms. FanDuel Casino is not accessible from within state borders.
Is Café Casino legal in Louisiana?
No, Café Casino is not legal in Louisiana. The state has prohibited internet gaming at state-based and overseas casinos. However, Café Casino readily accepts players from LA, and no one has ever been prosecuted for using the site.
Do games at Louisiana casinos use an RNG?
Yes, the games at our recommended casinos all use random number generators (RNGs). This technology ensures the game outcomes are unbiased and fair, giving you a genuine chance of winning real money.