New York Online Casinos Sites (2023 Update)
- New York has legalized many forms of gambling and has a highly successful industry. Online sports wagering launched in 2022, and the state already dominates the US market. It also has the most successful lottery corporation in the USA.
- Unfortunately, there is no legal online casino gaming in New York yet. However, you can play slots and table games at offshore online casinos.
- Offshore gambling sites are located in foreign jurisdictions and fall into a legal “gray area” of the law. They readily accept New York casino players, and no one from NY has ever been prosecuted for wagering at overseas casinos.
- Offshore casinos provide hundreds of games, massive bonuses, and multiple secure payment methods. All the best options are listed right here on this page.
- When choosing an offshore casino, ensure that it’s safe. All reputable casinos hold gaming licenses, use an RNG to make their games fair, and encrypt your data using SSL technology. If in doubt, use one of our expert-vetted options.
- There have been several legislative pushes in 2022 and 2023, but all efforts have failed. However, New York may legalize and regulate online casinos in 2024.
Top New York Online Casinos Reviewed 2023
Red Dog Casino
Established in 2019, Red Dog is another of the best NY online casinos. ArbathSolutions OU, an Estonian-based company with a Curacao license, owns the gambling site. Since launching Red Dog, it has released several other top casino brands, including Las Atlantis and El Royale.
You can enjoy 170+ real-money casino games at Red Dog, most of which are online slots—from progressive jackpots to three-reel fruit machines to modern 3D video slots. There is no live casino, but a few electronic table games are available whenever you want a break from spinning the reels.
The first welcome bonus available at Red Dog Casino is a free no-deposit bonus. After registering an account, message customer support via live chat to claim your offer. You can claim $40 for slot games or $25 for all other casino games.
You then have two deposit bonuses to choose from. The first is a 275% uncapped bonus on your first deposit. This is fantastic for high rollers but only valid on crypto deposits. The second is a 225% matched promotion on your first five deposits, from which you can claim up to $12,250.
When depositing into your account, the payment options include cryptocurrencies, credit cards, debit cards, and Flexpin vouchers. The limit for deposits is $20 to unlimited amounts of money. Red Dog Casino doesn’t charge fees, even for credit card or bank wire withdrawals.
New York Online Gambling Laws―Is it Legal?
Currently, online casino gambling is not legal in New York. However, you can legally enjoy online sports wagering. The NY sports industry launched in 2022, with many leading US operators entering the market. It has been an enormous success in its infancy: New York has surpassed all other states regarding sports wagering revenue.
Other options for legal betting in New York include daily fantasy sports (DFS), online advanced deposit wagering (pari-mutuel betting), and online lottery ticket sales through the NY Lottery mobile app. Here is an overview of the key gambling laws you need to know:
- Online poker and casino gambling remain illegal and unregulated in New York. However, you can legally play casino games online at social casinos or offshore sites.
- Social casinos (Chumba, Luckylands, etc.) are permitted as no real money is wagered. According to NY gambling laws, only internet gaming involving the exchange of real money is banned.
- Offshore online casinos are the only place for real-money casino games.
- Current laws only ban casino gambling at US operators, meaning offshore providers fall into a legal “gray area.”
- Although ambiguous, offshore gambling sites are technically legal. No one from New York has ever been prosecuted for playing at casino sites based and licensed overseas.
- Online sports betting is legal in New York. The industry launched in January 2022 after Governor Ricketts signed new legislation into law in May 2021.
- You can choose from nine NY-licensed sportsbook apps, including DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, and Caesars.
- Offshore sportsbook apps are also open to residents from New York. Although NY bans unregulated sportsbooks from operating in the state, nothing prohibits players from enjoying international sites.
- Daily fantasy sports have been legal in New York since 2016. Unlike sports betting, you only need to be 18+ to participate legally.
- Online pari-mutuel wagering on horseraces is another legal option for people aged 18.
- Online horse betting has been legal in NY for many years, available at advanced deposit wagering sites like TwinSpires.
- Most online sportsbooks in New York offer horserace betting as one of their available betting events.
- New York is one of the only states that permit online lottery sales. Tickets can be brought directly through the NJ Lottery app or in person at licensed retailers.
Is Gambling at Offshore Casinos Safe?
Although NY has regulated online sportsbooks, racebooks, and DFS sites, you must turn to offshore gambling sites to play real-money casino games. Unfortunately, offshore sites are unregulated and can be unsafe and illegitimate—but not all are “bad.”
All the casinos listed on this page are 100% reputable and trustworthy. Although not licensed in the USA, they’re approved by foreign governments like Panama, Curacao, and Malta. To receive these licenses, they must prove to authorities that they:
- Use a random number generator (RNG) for their casino games, giving you a real chance of winning.
- Promise safe, secure, and quick payments from reliable providers.
- Rely on SSL encryption technology to safely store your information online.
- Deliver massive bonuses with fair terms that you can capitalize on.
When Will New York Legalize Online Gambling?
Online casino proponents have been trying to authorize internet gaming in the state for several years. In 2022, a bill to give each sports betting operator the option of obtaining a casino license was filed but never received backing. Recently, two bills (A 3534 and S 4856) were filed in February 2023 as the last attempt to regulate online casinos this year.
Despite these efforts, we won’t see online casinos launch in New York in 2023. Budgets from the Assembly and Senate were released in March, and neither included internet gaming as a revenue source. This means that the soonest iGaming will be legalized in New York is in 2024.
New York Online Gambling Legislation Timeline
- 2013: Lawmakers pass the Casino Gambling Amendment, Proposal 1, permitting up to seven commercial casinos in New York. Each casino can also offer retail sports betting if and when the federal ban on sportsbooks is lifted.
- 2016: Gov. Andrew Cuomo signs Chapter 237 into law, legalizing paid daily fantasy sports. The law requires all operators to register with the NY State Gaming Commission.
- 2018: The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) is overturned, paving the way for legal NY sports betting. With the 2013 law already permitting land-based casinos to open in-person sportsbooks, lawmakers define the rules for the new sportsbook industry.
- 2019: The Rivers Sportsbook becomes the first retail sportsbook in NY. It started accepting wagering in July and was soon joined by other retail operators, including FanDuel & Caesars.
- 2020: Sen. Joseph Addabbo and Assemb. Gary Pretlow push for legalizing mobile sports wagering in NY. Talks of legal sportsbook apps are shifted to 2021 due to the pandemic.
- 2021: More sports wagering bills are proposed. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signs new budget legislation (Bill A 3009) that includes a legal mobile sports betting plan.
- 2022: In January, the first four sportsbook apps launch in New York State. Five more operators join them by July 2022, totaling nine. Sen. Addabbo and Assemb. Pretlow introduce new bills that pave the way for legal online casino gaming.
- 2023: Two more online casino bills―A 3534 and S 4856―are proposed as another attempt to legalize iGaming. However, the Gov. doesn’t include internet gaming in the state budgets.
New York Tribal Partnerships
New York has entered Class III gaming compacts with three federally recognized tribes: Oneida Indian Nation, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, and Seneca Nation of Indians. These tribes own and operate the following eight Native Indian casinos in New York:
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
- Point Place Casino
- Seneca Allegany Casino & Hotel
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino
- Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
- Turning Stone Casino Resort
- The Inn at Turning Stone
- Yellow Brick Road Casino
The first tribal-state compact was signed in April 1993 with the Oneida Indian Nation, followed by the partnership with the Mohawk Tribe in October 1993. The Seneca Nation of Indiana was the last to agree with the state, signing contracts in December 2002 and opening its first tribal casino establishment in 2004.
New York-Licensed Gambling Sites
You won’t find any regulated online casinos in New York. However, here is a list of the legal NY sportsbook apps currently available and their launch dates:
- BetRivers: January 08, 2022
- Caesars Sportsbook: January 08, 2022
- DraftKings Sportsbook: January 08, 2022
- FanDuel Sportsbook: January 08, 2022
- BetMGM: January 17, 2022
- PointsBet: January 25, 2022
- WynnBet: February 4, 2022
- Resorts World Bet: March 2, 2022
- Bally Bet: July 7, 2022
New York Online Casino Promotions
Many promotions, such as those listed and explained below, are available when participating in online casino gaming.
Deposit Match Bonuses
Almost all NY online casinos run deposit match bonuses. This is where the operator matches your deposit with promotional credits up to a maximum amount. The best deposit bonuses have high percentage matches and a high bonus cap.
The first deposit bonus at Wild Casino is a brilliant example—a 250% up to $1,000 promotion. Because the percentage match is so high, even a $20 deposit gives you $50 back in credits. To claim the maximum amount of $1,000, you only need to deposit $400.
Cryptocurrency bonuses are deposit promotions that are only valid on crypto deposits. Not all online NY casinos offer them, but they’re always worth claiming when available. They provide bigger percentage matches and higher ceilings than standard promotions, giving you more money.
For example, BetUS has a cryptocurrency signup bonus of 250% up to $5,000. Its standard welcome bonus is 150% up to $3,000. You get an extra 100% boost on your deposit and up to $2,000 more promotional credits by funding your account with crypto.
No-deposit bonuses are the only free promotion. Rather than qualifying by funding your account, you are rewarded for completing a specific task. These bonuses are usually given to new players after registering for an account.
As no-deposit bonuses are free, they’re somewhat rare as the operator can stand to make a loss. Thankfully, Red Dog is giving all new players two no-deposit bonuses: $40 for slots or $25 for all other games. It’s a great way to test the games before investing real money.
Reload bonuses are offers on future account deposits. Some operators will hand out random reload bonuses that correspond with seasonal events. However, weekly reload promotions are available at most NY online casinos and constantly boost your bankroll.
For example, BetOnline has an ongoing 30% crypto reload bonus you can claim as often as you like, whereas BetUS has daily promotions several days a week. You can get a 150% slots bonus on Tuesdays, a 10% crypto boost on Thursdays, and a 75% bonus + 15 free spins on Saturdays.
VIP programs are loyalty reward schemes. You earn points for spending real money playing online casino games. These points determine your level in the loyalty program, with those at the highest tiers getting exclusive perks and rewards. You can also redeem your points for instant cash prizes.
None of our recommended sites have casino VIP schemes; however, BetUS has a sportsbook loyalty program. You accrue points with every sports wager placed. These can unlock all kinds of perks and rewards, including entry into exclusive casino tournaments only available to VIP players.
Mobile Gambling Apps in New York
You can take the thrills of online gaming with you wherever you go with a casino mobile app.
Android Mobile Gambling
All online gambling sites recommended on this page have web-based apps for Android. There is no need to download anything from the Google Play Store. Instead, head to the site using the Samsung Internet browser. You can play games, claim bonuses, and withdraw your hard-earned winnings through the browser-based online casino app.
iOS Mobile Gambling
Every online casino platform listed here is also accessible on iPhones and iPads. All the sites are built on HTML5 technology and automatically adapt to whatever Apple device you’re playing from, giving your access to all games and account areas. You can play instantly through the Sarafi browser without installing anything from the App Store.
Advantages of Offshore Gambling Sites
Offshore casino sites have huge welcome bonuses that can help make you substantially richer. Promotions are always bigger at offshore sites because they compete for a global audience. Take the $5,000 welcome promotion at Wild Casino—that’s a lot of extra money in your bankroll.
The best gambling sites have hundreds of online casino games, from slots to blackjack, roulette, and video poker. Offshore sites rely on multiple providers to power their games, resulting in an even bigger variety. Games from all the following developers are available at our top NY casinos:
- Revolver Gaming
- Concept Gaming
- Woohoo Games
- Dragon Gaming
- Bovada Gaming
- 3 Oaks Gaming
- Amatic Industries
- Authentic Gaming
All our recommended casinos support cryptocurrencies. Crypto offers incredible payment terms: fast withdrawals, wide-ranging limits, no transaction fees, and crypto-exclusive bonuses. These perks are only available at offshore casinos because US-based sites cannot accept crypto payments.
As offshore casinos fall outside US jurisdiction, you don’t need to report your winnings to local authorities. This enhances your privacy and keeps your gambling habits undisclosed. If there were legal online casinos in New York, all winnings and losses would need to be reported.
What Games Can I Play at New York Online Casinos?
Online casinos offer hundreds of real-money games, including slots, table games, video poker, live dealer games, and more.
Slots feature at all NY casinos, available in various themes, volatilities, layouts, and RTPs. They’re suitable for all budgets, with den$0.01 to $100+ per spin denomination; some even have massive five- or six-figure progressive jackpots that can result in life-changing wins.
All our recommended casinos have hundreds of slots, but Wild Casino, SuperSlots, and BetOnline have the most extensive selection. There are 400+ slot games on each platform, including titles like:
- Rags to Witches
- Spin it Vegas
- Shark Spin
- Golden Dragon Inferno
All three of these sites also host daily slot tournaments. These competitions are free to enter and have massive cash prize pools of up to $20,000. Compete against others to climb to the top of the leaderboard and take home a share of the money.
Video poker games are slot-like machines that use standard poker hands to determine your payout. You’ll find four video poker games at SuperSlots, six at Red Dog, 22 at Wild Casino, 24 at BetUS, and an impressive 30 at BetOnline. Popular examples include Jacks or Betterand Deuces Wild.
Blackjack is another popular casino game available on all our sites. Red Dog has three high-quality games: 21 Blackjack, Blackjack Perfect Pairs, and Suit’Em Blackjack. For more variety, check out our other sites. SuperSlots has 18 blackjack games, Wild Casino 19, BetOnline 21, and BetUS 32.
Wild Casino, SuperSlots, and BetOnline also have free-to-play blackjack tournaments. You gain entry by playing blackjack in the week and could win a share of the $20,000 cash prize pool.
You can also enter roulette tournaments at Wild Casino, SuperSlots, and BetOnline. The tournaments run daily, you are free to join, and you can win prizes of up to $20,000 in cash.
Of course, roulette is available to play outside of tournament games. Red Dog has one roulette game, BetUS has five, and Wild Casino and BetOnline have 13 each. SuperSlots has the most extensive selection, including high-quality titles like American Roulette, Roulette II, and Double Ball Roulette.
Other table games, such as baccarat, craps, Pai Gow, three-card poker, and casino solitaire, are available online. Because these are less popular than blackjack and roulette, not all sites offer all games. BetUS is the best place for these more novelty games, with 27 options.
Live dealer games provide an authentic casino experience on the go. Footage of live dealers is streamed directly to your device as you play along in real-time.
Aside from Red Dog, all our recommended online casinos in New York have immersive live casinos. Here you can find games like Blackjack HD, Live American Roulette, and Live Baccarat. Most games are from ViG, known for their professional dealers, high-definition footage, and no lagging.
Although popular at land-based establishments in New York, bingo is the least popular online casino game. For that reason, SuperSlots is the only casino on our list offering online bingo. You can enjoy four bingo games and one game of keno on its platform:
- Bingo Cataratas
- Pesca Bingo
- Go-Go Bingo
- Keno Draw
New Online Casino Sites in New York
We prioritize trust and reliability above all else. However, this can pose an issue regarding new online casinos; brand-new sites haven’t yet established a reputation and proven their worth. Therefore, we only recommend brands of existing operators we already know and trust.
If you’re looking for a new online NY casino, below are your best options:
- Red Dog Casino: 2019
- Las Atlantis Casino: 2020
- El Royale: 2020
- SuperSlots: 2020
- Rich Palms: 2020
What to Look for When Choosing the Best New York Betting Site
Choosing a gambling site can be overwhelming. To help make this task easier, here are seven factors to consider when comparing casinos.
Always read reviews about a casino before registering for an account. Reviews from industry experts provide a great overview of everything on offer. At the same time, feedback from real-world players helps you understand whether the site can be trusted and how the operator responds to complaints.
All reputable sites hold licenses, which prove they offer legitimate, fair, and responsible gambling. Panama and Curacao are common licensing governments for offshore casinos. Check for proof of licensing information in the casino’s website footer, or use one of our verified sites if unsure.
Seek out the best online casino bonuses to give your bankroll a boost. The size of the bonus is a great place to start. However, make sure you also consider wagering requirements, game restrictions, and expiry dates to gauge the actual value of the promotional offer.
The best casino sites are accessible on mobiles, tablets, and computers. We recommend testing the gambling site on all devices to ensure it’s intuitive and well-optimized. The site may have a downloadable mobile casino app, but web-based play provides instant game access.
Ensure the casino has a variety of slot, table, video poker, and live dealer games. The more diversity in their portfolio, the more fun you’ll have. The best online casinos rely on software from world-leading developers, which promise high-quality themes, graphics, and audio.
All operators limit the amount of money you can wager on a single bet. The best online casinos offer everything from penny slots to high-stakes tables that accept hundreds of dollars per wager. Before registering, check that the betting limits match your gambling budget.
Banking options are a crucial consideration at real-money online casinos. Reliable operators offer a selection of secure payment methods, including credit cards, crypto, and bank transfers. Check that there is a method you’re comfortable using and prioritize sites with free and fast payments.
New York State Revenues from Gambling
Without an iGaming industry, all casino revenue in New York comes from the 31 commercial and tribal land-based properties. Last year, they generated $5.16 billion in gross gaming revenue (GGR), contributing $2.03 billion to the state. This money goes toward essential government initiatives, including education, youth sports, and problem gambling.
The newly launched sports betting industry is another huge revenue driver, with GGR for mobile sports betting taxed at 51%. In the first year of operations, the industry generated $909 million for New York State: $200 million in licensing fees and $709 million from revenue share payments.
New York Lawmakers Involved in Gambling Legislation
- Sen. Joe Addabbo filed online casino bills with the Senate in 2022 and 2023. Neither was passed, but Addabbo is a keen proponent of bringing internet casino gambling to New Yorkers. We suspect he’ll author another proposal in 2024.
- Assemb. Gary Pretlow introduced HB 1380 in 2023. The bill sought to legalize online poker in the Empire State by amending pari-mutuel wagering laws and redefining poker as a “game of skill.” He also filed A 3634 to legalize online casinos offering slots and table games.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law a budget agreement that included a framework for legal sports betting in NY. The legislation was approved in April 2021, legalizing mobile sports wagering. Cuomo also approved DFS legislation in 2016.
Charitable Gambling in New York
Charitable gambling is legal in New York under the Games of Chance Law. This law permits qualifying non-profit organizations to run bingo games, raffles, and casino nights for fundraising purposes. They’re also allowed to sell bell jar tickets, including sales by licensed machines.
You must be at least 18 to participate in charitable gambling activities legally. However, people aged 16+ can help conduct non-gaming-related activities at the fundraiser.
New York Gambling Taxes
All gambling winnings are taxed in New York and must be reported using an IT-201 form. The state’s graduated income tax varies depending on your total income and marital status. Here is a look at the current income brackets and corresponding tax rates for single New Yorkers:
- $0 to $8,500 = 4%
- $8,501 to $11,700 = 4.5%
- $11,701 to $12,900 = 5.25%
- $13,901 to $21,400 = 5.9%
- $21,401 to $80,650 = 5.97%
- $80,651 to $215,400 = 6.33%
- $215,401 to $1,077,550 = 6.85%
- $1,077,551 to $5,000,000 = 9.65%
- $5,000,001 to $25,000,000 = 10.30%
- $25,000,001 and up = 10.90%
Remember that this refers to your overall income, not solely the income from gambling. You are also liable to pay federal taxes at a rate of 24%. The gambling operator is responsible for withholding federal tax on your behalf and issuing a W-2G form. However, it is crucial to check the forms and add them to your tax return.
Banking Methods of New York Gambling Sites
Our recommended New York online casinos support several safe and secure payment options.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, Litecoin, Tether, Bitcoin Cash, etc.) are our preferred way to gamble online. Various cryptocurrencies are available at all our top-rated sites. Deposit limits start from as little as $5, payouts are processed within 24 hours, and all transactions are free.
Credit and Debit Cards
Credit and debit cards are standard and secure banking options. Deposit limits start at $25, whereas the minimum withdrawal amount is $150. Unfortunately, most online casino operators also charge fees for credit card payments. Red Dog is the exception, offering free deposits and withdrawals.
Bank transfers are a fantastic option for anyone transferring large amounts, whether high rollers making massive deposits or winners withdrawing five-figure payouts. It’s extremely secure as your bank’s security system protects you, but fees are common, and payouts can take 15 days.
Until New York makes online casinos legal, eWallets cannot be used for iGaming. However, many offshore casinos accept MatchPay, which is a brilliant alternative. This is a peer-to-peer trading platform where you can buy and sell casino credits using eWallets like PayPal and Skrill.
What Forms of Gambling Are Available in New York?
- Casinos: Casino gambling is legal in the State of New York, home to commercial casinos, tribal casinos, and racinos. Online casino gambling is currently unregulated and banned. However, you can play real-money games at offshore casinos.
- Lottery: Lottery games are permitted in NY for people aged 18+. The New York Lotteryis the biggest and most profitable lottery in the United States. In-house draws, multistate games (Mega Millions, Cash4Life, etc.), and instant scratch card games are allowed.
- Sports Betting: New York players aged 21+ can bet on sporting events. Both online and retail sports wagering is permitted. Since the 2022 mobile launch, NY has dominated the market and has the largest mobile industry in revenue and handle.
- Racing: Pari-mutuel horse race betting is legal in New York, home to nine racetracks. You can place wagers live at these venues or simulcast facilities, online sportsbooks, or advanced deposit wagering sites. Players must be 18+.
- Bingo: Bingo is another form of legal gambling in NY. The state has numerous bingo halls, including huge halls at tribal gaming venues. Charities can also hold bingo events for fundraising purposes. However, online bingo is not permitted.
Major Jackpot Wins in New York
The biggest supposed jackpot win at a New York casino was back in 2016. Katrina Bookman “won” $42.9 million playing the Sphinxslot at Resorts World in Queens. However, the game’s top award was only $6,500—the machine had malfunctioned and displayed the multimillion win in error.
Although this story was a ruse, there are still some life-changing jackpot wins in NY casino history. Here are some of the biggest genuine wins of all time:
- In 2022, a winner took home $1,088,271 from a $10 bet on IGT’s Wheel of Fortune Triple Starsslot machine at the Empire City Casino—the largest win of the year.
- A few months prior, another lucky winner took home $925,488 from a $20 bet on the same Wheel of Fortune Triple Starsgame at the Empire City Casino.
- The biggest jackpot win at Empire City was $2,919,162.91, won by Theresa P. Shortly after her lucky win, she won another $1,469,368.28 at the NY casino.
Land-Based Casinos in New York
Del Lago Resort & Casino
Address: 1133 NY-414, Waterloo, NY 13165
Del Lago Resort is one of the best commercial casinos in New York. It’s an award-winning venue, crowned “North America’s Best Casino” in the 2022 World Casino Awards.
Across the glamorous 94,000 square feet of gaming floor are 2,000 slot machines and 66 table games, including a 14-table poker room. You can also bet on sports at the on-site TwinSpires Sportsbook, which features 15 betting kiosks and 1,000 square feet of LED video screens.
Resorts World New York City
Address: 110-00 Rockaway Blvd, Queens, NY 11420
Resorts World is the biggest retail casino in New York and the only casino in NYC. With over 6,500 hottest slot machines and 1,300 electronic table games, you’re guaranteed hours of fun. However, there are no live tables or poke rooms.
Despite the lack of live games, Resorts World NYC does have electronic versions of blackjack, baccarat, and roulette. Special high-limit games also accept bets of up to $100.
Address: 342 Jefferson St, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Like Resorts World NYC, there aren’t any live tables at the Saratoga Casino. However, it still provides endless fun—try your luck on 1,200 slots, video poker games, and electronic table games, including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and craps.
Other property features include delicious dining options, live entertainment, and luxury accommodation. Plus, you can enjoy harness and simulcast racing for even more fun.
Turning Stone Resort & Casino
Address: 5218 Patrick Rd., Verona, NY 13478
Owned by the Oneida Indian Nation, the Turning Stone Resort is one of the tribal casinos in New York. It was the first-ever Native Indian casino in NY and remains one of the most popular.
The property offers more than 120,000 square feet of Vegas-style gaming space. You can enjoy 85 table games, 2,000+ slot machines, and a 32-table live poker room with up to 320 players. The casino includes a 1,358-seat bingo hall and a cutting-edge retail sportsbook from Caesars.
Seneca Allegany Casino
Address: 777 Seneca Allegany Blvd, Salamanca, NY 14779
The Seneca Allegany Casino is another of NY’s tribal casinos. It is home to an AAA Four Diamond hotel, exciting restaurants and bars, and several live entertainment venues.
Its casino is also a show-stopper—it features 1,600 slots and video machines, with denominations ranging from pennies to $100 pulls. Alternatively, you can sit at one of the 30+ table games, venture to its high-limit area if you’re a high roller, or bet on sports at the all-new sportsbook.
Other Land-Based Casinos in New York
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino: 873 NY-37, Akwesasne, NY 13655
- Batavia Downs Casino: 8315 Park Rd., Batavia, NY 14020
- Empire City Casino: 810 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers, NY 10704
- Hamburg Fairgrounds Gaming: 5820 South Park Ave., Hamburg, NY 14075
- Jake’s 58 Hotel & Casino: 3635 Express Dr. N, Islandia, NY 11749
- Finger Lakes Gaming & Race Track: 5857 NY-96, Farmington, NY 14425
- Lakeside Entertainment: 271 Cayuga St., Union Springs, NY 13160
- Mohawk Bingo Palace & Casino: 873 NY-37, Akwesasne, NY 13655
- Point Place Casino: 450 452 NY-31, Bridgeport, NY 13030
- Resorts World Casino Catskills: 888 Resorts World Dr., Monticello, NY 12701
- Rivers Casino & Resort: 1 Rush St., Schenectady, NY 12305
- Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino: 1 Fulton St., Buffalo, NY 14204
- Seneca Irving Casino: 11099 Erie Rd., Irving, NY 14081
- Seneca Niagra Resort & Casino: 310 4th St., Niagara Falls, NY 14303
- Tioga Downs & Casino: 2384 W River Rd. 1406, Nichols, NY 13812
- Vernon Downs & Casino: 4229 Stuhlman Rd., Vernon, NY 13476
- Yellow Brick Road Casino: 800 W Genesee St., Chittenango, NY 13037
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online gambling legal in New York?
New York has legalized many forms of online gambling, including sports betting, pari-mutuel wagering, fantasy sports, and lottery sales. However, playing online casino games in NY is not legal—you can only enjoy casino games at offshore gambling sites.
What is the legal gambling age in New York?
The legal gambling age in New York is 18+ for most forms of gambling, including casinos, fantasy sports, lotteries, and horserace betting. However, you must be 21+ to bet on sports. If a retail casino serves alcohol (as most commercial casinos in NY do), a 21-age requirement also applies.
When did New York regulate online gambling?
New York regulated fantasy sports in 2016. Mobile sportsbooks were legalized five years later, in 2021, as the state’s first real step toward online gambling expansion. As it stands, internet casinos and poker rooms are not currently regulated.
Who regulates online sports betting in New York?
The New York State Gaming Commission regulates online sports betting in New York. This government body oversees all aspects of gaming in the state, including horserace betting, tribal gaming, commercial casinos, charitable gaming, and the lottery.
Can I play daily fantasy sports in New York?
Yes, you can play daily fantasy sports in New York. DFS was outrightly legalized in the state in 2016, officially registering it as a “game of skill” and allowing sites like DraftKings and FanDuel to enter the market. Players must be 18 or older to participate legally.
Can I win real money playing online?
Yes, you can win real money by playing online. However, until NY-regulated online casinos launch, real-money games are only accessible at offshore gambling sites. These sites offer hundreds of the hottest slots, progressive jackpots, table games, and live dealer games.
What is the best online casino in New York?
The best NY online casino is Wild Casino. The site features over 550 casino games from world-class developers and a welcome bonus worth up to $9,000. It also operates legitimately, with fair games, secure payments, and a gaming license from Panama.
Are New York betting sites safe?
Yes and no; not every New York casino online can be trusted, but many legitimate operators can be. All the betting sites on this page are 100% safe and secure. They’re licensed overseas, pay out winnings promptly, and use SSL encryption technology to protect your sensitive information.
Is DraftKings legal in New York?
Yes, DraftKings is legal in New York. This operator launched its online sportsbook on January 08, 2022—the first-ever day of legal mobile sports wagering. You can also access the DraftKings DFS site from the Empire State, but its casino offerings are unavailable.
Is FanDuel legal in New York?
Yes, FanDuel is legal in New York. FanDuel Sportsbook was one of the initial four apps to launch on the opening day of NY mobile sports betting. Its fantasy sports platform is also available for New Yorkers. However, FanDuel Casino is banned in the state.
Is Wild Casino legal in New York?
Wild Casino falls into an ambiguous area of NY law, which focuses more on illegalizing US-based operators and offshore providers. However, the site is generally perceived as a legal option. It readily accepts New York players and has exciting games and bonuses up for grabs.
Is Red Dog Casino legal in New York?
Red Dog Casino is neither outrightly legal nor banned in New York—it falls into an unregulated “gray area” of the law. That said, no one from the state has ever been prosecuted for playing at Red Dog. We believe it is a fantastic option for anyone wanting to play real-money online casino games.
Do games at New York casinos use an RNG?
Yes, the games at our recommended New York casinos use an RNG. This stands for “random number generator” and is a must-have technology that ensures random and unbiased game outcomes. In other words, you have a genuine chance of winning.