Washington Online Casinos Sites (2023 Update)
- Under current law, it is illegal to gamble online in Washington. This sweeping legislation applies to all forms of online gaming, including casinos, poker, fantasy sports, and sweepstakes, at both offshore and US-based sites.
- As of 2021, mobile sports betting is legal in Washington. However, apps are only available to use if you are physically located within the premises of an approved tribal casino.
- You can play online casino games in Washington via offshore online casinos. Although technically banned, offshore providers readily accept WA players. No-one from the state has ever been prosecuted for wagering on roulette and slots online.
- The best online casinos in Washington are listed on this page. They offer hundreds of real-money games and massive casino bonuses, plus they accept some of the most secure payment methods around.
- It’s unlikely that WA online casino sites will be legalized anytime soon. The state has a strong anti-gambling stance, but the recent legalization of sportsbooks is a step in the right direction.
Top Washington Online Casinos Reviewed 2023
1. Café Casino
Launched in 2016, Café Casino is the best online casino in Washington. It’s owned by a reputable iGaming company called Lynton Limited, the brains behind the renowned Bodog Entertainment Group. The site also boasts a valid gaming license from Curacao.
You can enjoy 230 real-money games at Café Casino, including 160 online slot machines and some exclusive “hot-drop jackpot” titles such as 777 Deluxe. This comes in addition to eight blackjack games, eight video poker games, four roulette games, and a live dealer casino.
Top providers like Revolver Gaming, Realtime Gaming, Rival, and Spinomenal power most of the games at Café Casino. It’s also one of the few Washington online casinos that develops proprietary titles in-house, giving you exclusive access to games that are generally unavailable elsewhere.
When registering for a new account at Café Casino, you can claim up to $2,500 in bonus cash. This promotion is worth 350% as a matched bonus that is only available on Bitcoin deposits. Alternatively, you can claim the casino’s standard 250% deposit bonus (worth up to $1,500) if you decide to use a credit card.
Your deposit options at Café Casino are Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Tether. Deposits start at $5 and are free at the point of transfer. The same options are available for withdrawals, in addition to bank wire transfers and paper checks.
2. BetUS Casino
BetUS is another Curacao-licensed casino that is available to players in Washington. The operator is one of the oldest and most experienced in the unregulated iGaming space, and it’s been operating since 1994. Over the past three decades, BetUS has proven to be a top player in the industry. Not only is it one of the most reliable US-facing casinos, but it also boasts one of the best offshore sportsbooks around.
The game portfolio at BetUS is impressive in comparison to other Washington-focused casinos. It’s partnered with world-leading developers, including Betsoft, DGS, and Nucelus, to bring you 480+ casino games. The portfolio includes 350 slot games, 32 blackjack games, 24 video poker games, and five roulette games, in addition to a live dealer casino. How many casinos can boast such a wide range of games?
BetUS is also a go-to provider for online sports betting in Washington. You can find a range of markets, including all the major US sports and international games. BetUS conveniently keeps both portals on the same platform for anyone interested in playing real money casino games or wagering on sports.
The operator runs various welcome promotions for the casino, sportsbook, or both—you can choose one based on your preferences. For the casino, you may claim 150% up to $3,000 on your fiat deposits. Alternatively, you can get 250% up to $5,000 when making cryptocurrency payments. Both deals are valid on your first deposit only.
We recommend using cryptocurrency at BetUS if you want to claim the most funds. Deposits start at $10 and supported digital currencies include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum. You can also use those cryptocurrencies to make withdrawals. Want something more traditional? BetUS also accepts deposits with credit cards, though withdrawals by Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX are prohibited.
3. Las Atlantis
Las Atlantis is the newest online casino on our list. The gambling site launched in 2020 with a sleek mobile-friendly platform. Despite being a new entry to the Washington market, it’s a highly trusted site owned by ArbathSolutions IO and operating with a Curacao gaming license.
For its entire games library, Las Atlantis relies on one developer only: Realtime Gaming (RTG). While you are denied accessing games from betSoft and Rival, it does mean you won’t find a better selection of RTG titles anywhere else. There are 250 games in total, including online slots, table games, video poker, and live casino games.
Las Atlantis also offers two welcome bonuses to new sign-ups. The first promotion is a no-deposit bonus worth $40 for slots play or $25 on other games.
You can also claim a deposit bonus once you’re played through your no-deposit funds. It’s quite easily the largest welcome bonus among our favorite deals and is worth $14,000 in total.
The bonus amount is split into five equal chunks, each worth 280% up to $2,800. The 35x wagering requirement and low minimum deposit mean that even low rollers aren’t excluded.
Your deposit options at Las Atlantis include credit cards, cryptocurrencies (e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Tether), and vouchers. You may deposit $10 or more in one hit. For withdrawals, you can choose credit cards, Bitcoin, or wire transfers, all of which are free and processed within five business days.
How to Sign Up with the Best Washington Online Casino
1. Go to the Website and Create an Online Gambling Account
We’ll use the excellent Café Casino as our example here. To start, launch your browser and go to the Café Casino website. Hit the “Join” button and enter your information into the sign-up form. Create a username and password, agree to the T&Cs, and click “Confirm” to finish creating your account.
2. Deposit Funds and Enter a Promo Code
Choose your preferred payment option (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, or Tether) and enter your preferred deposit amount. Select the bonus to apply it to your account, then follow the instructions to process your payment.
3. Choose a Game and Play for Real Money
Browse the 230 games at Café Casino and find a title you want to play. Tap the game and place your first real money bets. We recommend playing online slots: they contribute 100% to the wagering requirements and are the fastest way to clear the welcome bonus.
[SC: Café Casino Games]
Washington Online Gambling Laws – Is it Legal?
Online gambling isn’t legal in Washington. It is one of the few states to update its laws to explicitly mention online gambling, leaving no ambiguity over what is and isn’t permitted.
Unfortunately, this isn’t good news for gamblers—the legislation outrightly prohibits all forms of internet gaming, inclusive of real money online casinos, poker, fantasy sports, and even sweepstakes casinos. However, there are some legal options available to players from Washington:
- Sports betting was legalized in Washington in 2021. Under the new legislation, mobile sportsbooks are allowed to enter the market.
- Placing bets is only legal when you are physically present at a tribal casino via approved Washington sportsbook apps.
- There are only two state-regulated sportsbook apps in operation. Location restrictions have deterred the tribes from launching online options.
- Offshore gambling sites operate in Washington despite the prohibition of internet gaming.
- You can find offshore online casinos, sportsbooks, and poker room platforms that accept players from Washington State, like those listed on this page.
- No one from Washington has been prosecuted for playing games at offshore online casinos.
- You can access international sites from anywhere in WA, giving statewide access to real-money online gambling.
Is Gambling at Offshore Casinos Safe?
Yes, gambling at offshore casinos is safe. However, rogue casinos posing as legitimate sites do exist, so you need to be careful. Blacklisted gaming sites may misuse your information or refuse to pay out winnings. To avoid problems, we always recommend that you only play at our top online casinos that offer the following features:
- A license from an international gaming commission in locations like Curacao, Malta, or Panama
- SSL encryption technology to protect your payment information
- RNGs for all casino games that ensure fair game outcomes
- Independently-audited RNG technology
- Games from reputable software developers like RTG and Rival
- Reliable customer support if you run into problems
When Will Washington Legalize Online Gambling?
It is unlikely that further online gambling expansion will come to Washington soon. The legalization of sports wagering in 2021 presented the perfect opportunity to launch a statewide mobile betting market. However, the new laws limit the use of mobile sports betting apps to players physically located at tribal casino properties.
Despite the limitations of sports betting in WA, legalization was considered a major step in the right direction. The state has traditionally had some of the toughest anti-gambling laws in the US, and any move toward online wagering should be seen as a positive.
Washington Online Gambling Legislation Timeline
- 1933: Washington legalizes pari-mutuel betting on horse racing events, making it the first legal form of gambling to come to the state.
- 1973: Charitable bingo, raffles, pull tabs, and social card games are legalized. The Washington Gambling Commission is established to oversee the charity gaming industry.
- 1982: Lawmakers legalize a state lottery in Washington in June. It was launched four months later in November, with the sale of the first scratch card games.
- 1988: The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act is passed, laying the foundations for tribal gaming establishments to come to Washington State.
- 1992: State-tribal gaming compacts between the Lummi Tribe and Tulalip Tribe were agreed upon in the 1990s, with the first Native Indian casinos opening their doors in 1992.
- 1997: Washington lawmakers legalize non-tribal house-banked games, including poker. Cardrooms away from Indian casinos open up throughout the state.
- 2006: New legislation is passed to update state laws for online gaming. The regulations result in a blanket ban on all forms of internet gambling in Washington.
- 2010: Efforts to legalize interstate online poker are made by the Poker Players Alliance. The bill fails, and online gambling remains illegal.
- 2014: Pressure to remove the ban on internet gaming increases, with efforts to legalize mobile sportsbooks, casinos, and Daily Fantasy Sports. Lawmakers refuse to pass the new gambling laws.
- 2021: Sports betting at tribal casinos is legalized as HB 2638 is signed into law. Retail sports betting officially launches in September, with mobile sports wagering following in December.
- 2022: Maverick Gaming LLC files a lawsuit, claiming that tribes are unlawfully being given exclusive rights to WA sports betting. The case is dismissed in 2023.
- 2023: Washington lawmakers file bills (HB 1630 and SB 5587) that would expand sports wagering to cardrooms and racetracks in the state. It is currently in committee.
Washington Tribal Partnerships
There are 29 federally-recognized indigenous tribes in Washington State. All these tribes have entered into Class III gaming compacts with the state, allowing them to offer banked card games, table games, electronic gaming terminals, and poker. However, only 22 tribes currently operate land-based casinos in Washington.
The tribes have also been given exclusivity over the newly-launched sports betting industry in WA. Select tribes are permitted to launch retail and mobile sportsbooks. All bets, regardless of whether it’s online or in person, must be made on reservation land.
State-Licensed Gambling Sites
Without regulated real-money online casinos or poker rooms, the only state-licensed gambling sites in Washington are sportsbooks. There are only two legal sportsbook apps to date in the state:
- Snoqualmie Casino Sportsbook – December 2021
- DraftKings Sportsbook – January 2022
These sportsbook apps are not available throughout Washington State—you can only use them while on casino premises. This same location restriction is the main reason most tribes haven’t yet developed apps.
Washington Online Casino Promotions
While legal gambling options are limited for casino players in Washington, online casino sites are available from offshore operators. The best casinos bring in customers with some pretty lavish promotions too:
Deposit Match Bonuses
In a deposit match bonus, the operator matches your first real-money transfer with bonus funds. You must clear your bonus cash by playing eligible slots and table games. Clear your cash before the time limit expires and you can make a withdrawal.
The welcome bonus at Las Atlantis is a fantastic example. They currently offer a 280% boost on your deposit worth up to $2,800. You only need to fund your account with $1,000 to claim the maximum bonus amount.
Many WA online casino sites run cryptocurrency bonuses. These are exclusive to anyone making a first deposit with a trusted cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum. In many cases, you can claim a large welcome bonus when you deposit with crypto, certainly larger than if you used Visa or MasterCard.
For example, Café Casino offers 350% up to $2,500 bonus when you make your first deposit using Bitcoin. As a comparison, the casino’s standard bonus is worth “just” 250% up to $1,500. It might be worth using BTC to claim an extra 100% deposit boost before you play.
As the name suggests, no-deposit bonuses are promotions you can claim without having to fund your account. You’re awarded a small amount of bonus cash just for registering. You then use your bonus funds to play games of your choice for free. There may be a small wagering requirement to clear first, but they tend to be a lot smaller than the ones found on regular deposit bonuses.
No-deposit bonuses are rare at online casinos, but we’ve hunted one down at Las Atlantis. You may choose between $40 to spend on slots or $25 to play with on other games. Just message the customer support team after registering to claim your reward.
Reload bonuses are offers targeted at regular customers who make more than one deposit. You qualify for this bonus by “reloading” your account with additional funds. The most common type of reload bonus is a deposit match, but some operators sometimes include free spins on popular slots.
BetUS has a great selection of weekly reload bonus promotions. You can claim a 150% reload bonus on Tuesdays, a 10% crypto bonus on Thursdays, and a 75% bonus on Saturdays with 15 free spins added.
Many online casinos run VIP programs to maintain player loyalty. You earn VIP points with every wager placed at the casino. These points help you climb higher tiers, but you may also exchange points for cash prizes, exclusive bonuses, and other rewards.
Café Casino probably offers the best loyalty program for Washington players. The scheme features a tiered system that allows bigger VIPs to claim higher cash redemption rates. Your loyalty tier is determined by your lifetime points, meaning everyone can reach the top, not only the high rollers.
Mobile Gambling Apps in Washington
You can access the best online casinos in WA from your mobile phone. You can play slots and games, claim bonuses, make deposits, and withdraw your winnings on the go. Even better, there’s never a need to download any software: just play and spend through your mobile browser.
Android Mobile Gambling
Android users can launch their mobile browser and head to the casino site for instant access. You won’t need to install a mobile casino app from Google Play, or a .apk file from the casino itself.
Even if an app is available, we recommend browser-based play as there is no risk of accidentally installing malicious software. Plus, apps don’t take up valuable device storage.
iOS Mobile Gambling
Are you an Apple iPhone and iPad user? You can also play casino games from your smartphone without downloading a dedicated iOS app. All you need to do is launch your Safari browser, open the casino website, and start playing right away. If downloadable apps are available, ensure you’ve got the latest iOS updates and enough storage to handle 40-50MB.
Advantages of Offshore Gambling Sites
The welcome bonuses at offshore casinos can be huge. After all, these sites are competing in a global marketplace. In comparison, promotions run by US-licensed and regulated casinos are far smaller. Even if Washington legalized iGaming in-state, online casino promotions wouldn’t come close to those offered offshore.
Casinos regulated in the US usually support games from a large range of game developers. In comparison, offshore gambling sites offer a narrower selection of online casino games. While the range of developers can be smaller, there are usually some very big jackpots offered, in addition to some exclusive games. Here are some of the major developers that you’ll find at the best offshore casinos:
- Revolver Gaming
- Concept Gaming
- Woohoo Games
- Dragon Gaming
- Bovada Gaming
- 3 Oaks Gaming
- Amatic Industries
- Authentic Gaming
Regulated Washington State online casinos will most likely not accept cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals. That’s not an issue at offshore casinos, most of which accept payments by Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
Plus, you can make small minimum deposits and withdrawals with your favorite cryptocurrency, there are no fees, and you will be eligible for super-sized welcome bonuses when you sign up.
All winnings from US-regulated gambling sites must be reported to authorities. At offshore online casinos, this isn’t the case. You’re not required to share records of your spending habits or winnings with anyone, giving you a more private gambling experience.
What Games Can I Play at WA Online Casinos?
The best online casinos in Washington offer hundreds of online games in their portfolios, from slots to table games, live dealer games, and specialty titles.
You can play online slots at all our recommended online casinos. Café Casino has 160 slot games, Las Atlantis has 200, and BetUS has 350. Some of our favorites are:
- Golden Buffalo
- Fruity Feast
- Cleopatra’s Fortune
- Safari Sam 2
- Zombie Invasion
Slots are the most popular casino games, primarily because of their variety, high RTP, and bonus features. There is something for everyone, from classic 3-reel slot machines to 3D video slots in immersive themes. Slots also allow bets in a range of stakes, from cents up to $500 a spin.
Several different types of slots also exist online, such as progressive jackpots. Unlike traditional slots, these games have a top prize that keeps growing until one lucky winner scoops the lot. Must-Drop jackpots up the ante further—they’re guaranteed to drop in a given timeframe to help increase your odds of winning.
Video poker replicates 5-card draw games on your smartphone or PC. You must make the strongest 5-card poker hand after a deal and re-draw. The better your hand, the more you win. Do you hold that pair, or do you discard it and hope to make a flush? Follow the paytable on-screen to see what jackpot you could win.
All of our best-rated Washington online casinos offer multiple video poker games, including Jacks or Better and Aces and Eights. Las Atlantis has 14 titles in total, Café Casino 8, and BetUS 24, all from top developers like RTG and Betsoft.
You can play a range of blackjack variants at our listed casino sites. Las Atlantis offers three versions of the game: Suit ‘Em Up, Perfect Pairs, and 21 Blackjack. You can play classic blackjack or hit the side bets for an extra big win.
If you want other options, Café Casino has eight blackjack games in its portfolio. But BetUS pinches the top spot with 32 blackjack games, including several online-only variations:
- Double Deck
- Multi-Hand Surrender
- Blackjack Switch
- Super 7
- Spanish Blackjack
Roulette is another casino classic available to play online. There is only one roulette game at Las Atlantis: European Roulette from RTG. For more variety, head to BetUS or Café Casino. Those casinos both stock around five games each, including the preferred game for US players, American Roulette.
Although less popular, other table games like baccarat, craps, three-card poker, Casino War, Caribbean Stud, Pai Gow, and rummy are available at online casinos.
The selection of these games varies dramatically between sites. If there’s a specific game you’re looking for, always check the portfolio before you register. For example, BetUS has 27 “other” games, while Las Atlantis has none.
Live dealer games are a fairly new addition to online casinos. Rather than relying on an RNG, these games are played with professional live dealers. The footage is streamed live to your device as you play along in real time.
You can play blackjack against a croupier who uses real tables and cards. Alternatively, play Auto Roulette with a real wheel and no dealer present. It’s just like being on the casino floor at home.
All the best Washington casinos have live casinos, offering games like:
- Live Super 6
- Live Blackjack
- Live Blackjack Early Payout
- Live European Roulette
- Live American Roulette
Bingo can generally be found under the “specialty games” category at online casinos. Out of our recommendations, Café Casino is the only gambling site to offer online bingo games. You’ve got seven titles available, including Go-Go Bingo, Tribo Bingo, and Pesca Bingo.
New Online Casino Sites in Washington
New online casinos have yet to prove their reputation. As such, they should only be trusted if they are either the sister site to an established casino or they are owned by a reputable iGaming company. Below are the best options if you’re looking for a new casino in Washington:
- Red Dog Casino – 2019
- Las Atlantis Casino – 2020
- El Royale – 2020
- Rich Palms – 2020
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Washington Betting Site
Our recommended casinos are your best options for gambling online. We check a range of factors when deciding which casinos to recommend:
- Reviews: Always read reviews from experts and real players to gauge a casino’s reputation. Positive reviews indicate that the gambling site is trustworthy and legitimate, whereas blacklisted sites should be avoided. Our casino reviews are a great starting point.
- Licensing: While you cannot find US-licensed casinos in WA, all operators should have a license from somewhere. Curacao, Malta, and Panama award the best international licenses. You can usually find licensing information in the website footer.
- Promotions: Always compare sign-up and loyalty bonuses when choosing a casino. The maximum bonus amounts vary hugely from one casino to another. Always check the wagering requirements too: the lower they are, the easier it is to clear the promotion.
- Accessibility: Launch the casino on all the devices you plan on playing from. Check to see that the software works through your mobile browser or if you need to download a casino app. The best Washington betting sites provide instant access to casino games with no download required.
- Game Variety: The best casinos in Washington should offer choice. That means hundreds of games, such as slots, table games, and live casino titles, all from renowned developers. Integrated sports betting and poker platforms are a plus too. The more options that are available, the more fun you’ll have.
- Min/Max Bets: Check whether the betting limits for the casino games align with your gambling budget. Low rollers should seek out a selection of penny slots, whereas high rollers will want access to high-stakes tables and live dealer games.
- Banking Options: All real-money casinos should allow multiple secure payment options, such as credit cards and cryptos. Ensure that there’s a banking method you’re comfortable using. We also suggest you compare deposit limits, payment fees, and transaction times.
Washington State Revenues from Gambling
All state revenues from gambling in Washington come from the state’s tribal casino properties. In 2022, tribal gaming operators generated $768.9 million through taxation and revenue share payments for Washington State funds and initiatives.
Legal sports betting has helped to increase state revenue further. However, restrictions on wagering at tribal casino premises are causing the state to miss out on millions of dollars in revenue annually, according to Sen. Curtis King. The latest push for expanded sports gambling (HB 1630 and SB 5587) would help fill this gap.
Washington Lawmakers Involved in Gambling Legislation
- Rep. Strom Peterson: Sponsor of HB 2638, which legalized sports betting in WA subject to the terms of tribal-state compacts.
- Gov. Jay Inslee: Signs Washington sports betting bill HB 2638 into law, which legalized sports wagering (online and retail) at tribal casinos.
- Rep. Walen Springer: Sponsor of HB 1630, introduced in 2023. The bill would expand sports betting to cardrooms and racetracks in Washington.
- Sen. Curtis King: Primary sponsor of SB 5587 (a companion to HB 1630) to authorize sports wagering at Washington cardrooms and racetracks.
Charitable Gambling in Washington
Charitable organizations and non-profits can hold gambling events in Washington for fundraising purposes. Permitted games include dice and card games (poker, rummy, bridge, etc.), golfing sweepstakes, turkey shoots, charitable bingo, and raffles.
Washington Gambling Taxes
Gambling winnings are considered taxable income in the USA and are therefore fully taxable. Fortunately, Washington has no state income tax, so only federal taxes are due. Casinos and sportsbooks in Washington withhold 24% of your winnings as federal tax to send to the IRS on your behalf.
Offshore casinos do not withhold income taxes as they are based overseas. Make sure you list your gambling winnings on your tax return to ensure you pay what is owed.
Banking Methods of Washington Gambling Sites
Our WA online casinos support multiple payment methods for deposits and withdrawals.
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
You can deposit and withdraw using cryptocurrency at all our top casinos. Digital currencies are becoming increasingly popular banking options because of their high acceptance rate at offshore casinos. Compared to other payment options, cryptocurrencies also have the lowest deposit minimums (starting at $5 for Tether) and the quickest payouts (typically within 24 hours). Plus, operators won’t charge fees for making crypto transactions.
Credit and Debit Cards
Popular credit and debit cards (e.g. Mastercard, Visa, American Express) can be used to make deposits at online casinos. Unfortunately, some banks block payments to gambling sites due to Washington’s stance on internet gaming. Casino operators also commonly charge fees for gambling with credit, and most sites support this payment option for deposits only.
Bank transfers are one of the most secure ways to make online payments. They’re a good option for high rollers who want to transfer thousands, or lucky winners wanting to withdraw massive prizes.
You’ll usually have to pay fees for wire transfers. Plus, they can also take several weeks to process, which can be frustrating for even the smaller players.
Online casinos in Washington cannot accept e-Wallets like PayPal and Skrill. These leading e-Wallets are generally reserved for regulated casinos in states like Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Without a regulated iGaming industry in Washington, payments to offshore gambling sites go against e-Wallet providers’ terms of service.
If you want to pay using eWallets, we suggest trying MatchPay. This is a peer-to-peer trading platform that lets you buy and sell credits from other players using your PayPal account.
What Forms of Gambling Are Available in Washington?
- Casinos: There are 35 land-based casinos in Washington, all of which are Native American properties. There are no commercial casinos. Non-tribal cardrooms are also found throughout the state. Online casino games and online poker remain illegal, however. You may even be guilty of a Class C felony if you are caught playing at these sites online.
- Lottery: The Washington State Lottery offers seven draw games: Powerball, MegaMillions, Lotto, Pick 3, Match 4, Hit 5, and Daily Keno. You can also play instant-win scratch games. All tickets and games must be bought in person from licensed retailers.
- Sports Betting: Sports betting – online and in-person – is legal in Washington, but only on tribal reservation land. You can find in-person sportsbooks at many tribal casinos, yet the Snoqualmie Casino and Tulalip Tribes casinos are the only locations to offer full mobile betting via apps.
- Racing: Wagering on horse racing is legal in Washington. You can place bets in-person at Emerald Downs, at off-track betting facilities throughout the state, or via the Snoqualmie Sports app.
- Bingo: You can play bingo in Washington, both for charity and at commercial bingo halls. Bingo venues are available throughout the state. Like other forms of internet gambling, online bingo is strictly prohibited.
Major Jackpot Wins in Washington
There have been several major jackpot wins in Washington, but the biggest recorded was at the Tulalip Resort Casino in 2022. The lucky winner, Jose Lopez, won $2,369,748.95 from a $5 bet on the Golden Charms slot machine.
Land-Based Casinos in Washington
Washington doesn’t have commercial casinos, but it is home to 35 tribal casino properties. Here are the biggest and best gambling destinations in the state:
Tulalip Resort Casino
Address: 10200 Quil Ceda Blvd, Tulalip, WA 98271, USA
The Tulalip Casino Resort is a premium casino destination opened by the Tulalip Tribe in 1992. On its 200,000-square-foot gaming floor, you’ll find 37 table games and 2,400+ slot machines. There is also an on-site bingo hall, a sportsbook, multiple dining options, and a luxury hotel.
Emerald Queen Casino
Address: 5700 Pacific Hwy E, Fife, WA 98424, USA
With over 4,400 slot machines and 60 table games, the Emerald Queen Casino is one of Washington’s largest gambling destinations. The Tacoma property is also home to the largest sportsbook in the Pacific Northwest.
Address: 2402 Auburn Way S, Auburn, WA 98002, USA
The Muckleshoot Casino is a top choice for slot lovers and features over 3,500 slots and video poker machines. Additionally, you can enjoy a range of table games with betting limits up to $500. The all-new Caesars Sportsbook is also on the property to fulfill all your NFL and NBA wagering needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online gambling legal in Washington?
Most online gambling is illegal in Washington. It is one of the few states to explicitly ban internet gaming, including online casinos, poker, DFS, and sweepstakes. Thankfully, offshore operators readily accept players from WA. No-one has ever been prosecuted for enjoying these sites.
What is the legal gambling age in Washington?
The legal age for gambling in Washington is 18. This minimum age requirement applies to casino gambling, sports betting, pari-mutuel wagering, and charitable gaming. Some casinos that serve alcohol impose a 21+ age limit.
When did Washington regulate online gambling?
Washington regulated its first online gambling in 2021 when limited sports betting was legalized. Sportsbook apps are permitted under the new legislation, but wagers can only be placed in person at a land-based casino.
Who regulates online sports betting in Washington?
The Washington Gambling Commission regulates sports betting. Although sports wagering is new to Washington, the WA Gambling Commission has existed for far longer. It was established in 1973 and has been overseeing gambling for 50+ years.
Can I play daily fantasy sports in Washington?
No, you cannot play daily fantasy sports (DFS) in Washington. The state’s gambling laws make all online gambling illegal, which includes paid fantasy sports contests. Popular DFS operators like DraftKings and FanDuel block players from The Evergreen State.
Can I win real money playing online?
Yes, you can win real money by playing casino games online. Many offshore online casinos accept players from Washington too. Create an account, make your first deposit, and start betting for real cash prizes.
What is the best online casino in Washington?
In our opinion, the best online casino in Washington is Café Casino. This is a safe and trusted offshore casino that holds a Curacao gaming license. You can enjoy 250+ real-money casino games on the platform and claim a welcome bonus worth up to $2,500.
Are Washington betting sites safe?
All of our recommended Washington gambling sites are safe for players. While rogue casinos do exist in the unregulated market, we will never recommend them to our readers. We give all offshore casinos a thorough health check before we tell you to play at them. They have great reputations for fast payouts, reliable bonuses, and secure games.
Is DraftKings legal in Washington?
Yes, DraftKings has a retail sportsbook at the Tulalip Resort Casino and Quil Ceda Creek Casino. Mobile betting via the DraftKings app is also permitted while on casino premises. DraftKings Casino and DraftKings DFS are not legal in Washington.
Is Café Casino legal in Washington?
Café Casino is not regulated in Washington, but it does accept players from the state. No-one from the state has ever been prosecuted for gambling at offshore sites.
Is BetUS legal in Washington?
No, BetUS is not licensed or regulated in Washington. However, the operator accepts players from Washington and provides full access to their real-money casino and sportsbook. Authorities have never punished players from Washington for playing at BetUS.
Do games at Washington casinos use an RNG?
Yes, games at Washington casinos use a random number generator to determine fair outcomes. Our casinos have these RNGs professionally audited by companies like eCOGRA and iTechLabs to ensure they’re functioning properly.